Port Dover | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Port Dover

Nevermind. I am out. When an better offer comes along that doesn't involve freezing my balls off, going somewhere I really didn't care to go to, I have to gladly change my plans. :)

I learned a long time ago, always overdress.
If you're too warm, you can always remove a layer.
If you're too cold, you're screwed.

It depends on the weather. I would recommend if nice to head towards the lake sooner and then ride along it into Dover. The roads are fairly nice and catching glimpses of the water is always nice. So I would try to ride at least from Nanticoke to Dover right along the lakeshore.

Sorry you said way home, then just reverse my advice, head out of Dover along the lake to Nanticoke.

Thanks. Sorry I should have mentioned - I think Brian's route into Dover is along the lake from Cayuga area, so I was trying to do something different on the way back.

Tentative agenda per PD13 as follows:

1) Hagersville Timmies ETA 10-10:30AM.
2) Roadside coffee, watch freak show roll thru until 11:30AM
3) Back to parking lot, , eavesdrop SON and sundry conversations, SMH and saddle up.
4) Done and dusted by noon.

For my ride home, I am planning on doing something like: https://goo.gl/maps/eJqc3QkPSXw
Any suggestions to improve it?

From Dundas I usually take Sydenham St up the escarpment and stay right onto Rock Chapel. Rock Chapel to a right onto Patterson which turns into Old Guelph Rd. Follow Old Guelph past York Rd to York Blvd, making a left to get you over to Plains northbound. That will get you back onto Old York Rd heading towards Snake. Mostly rustic asphalt or better.

Geez Shane - only a few km apart .. I was Winston and 403 and now Eglinton and Erin Mills.

If the day is nice just continue along Lake Erie...gonna be warmer along the lake...Selkirk Park etc then cut home at any point or do the entire loop along the shore to the Falls

For my ride home, I am planning on doing something like: https://goo.gl/maps/eJqc3QkPSXw
Any suggestions to improve it?

Along Conc. 2 rather than hang right on Lynden Rd. I'd continue straight to Binkley Rd. a very quick left/right puts you on hiwy 8 (still rural) couple kms to left at Crooks Hollow Rd - Harvest Rd - Rock Chapel and Patterson continue as per nobbie 48. This is part of after my dinner weekday loop. Point of interest, on Crooks Hollow Rd you'll be going by Michael Lee Chins crib.

Hoping the weather forecast is inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Dundas I usually take Sydenham St up the escarpment and stay right onto Rock Chapel. Rock Chapel to a right onto Patterson which turns into Old Guelph Rd. Follow Old Guelph past York Rd to York Blvd, making a left to get you over to Plains northbound. That will get you back onto Old York Rd heading towards Snake. Mostly rustic asphalt or better.
Thanks - change made!

Along Conc. 2 rather than hang right on Lynden Rd. I'd continue straight to Binkley Rd. a very quick left/right puts you on hiwy 8 (still rural) couple kms to left at Crooks Hollow Rd - Harvest Rd - Rock Chapel and Patterson continue as per nobbie 48. This is part of after my dinner weekday loop. Point of interest, on Crooks Hollow Rd you'll be going by Michael Lee Chins crib.
Following this will make me skip Mineral Springs Rd, Sulphur Springs Rd and Old Ancaster Rd - worth it or not? I'm not familiar with the area, but rain or cold or both - I'm still going.

Last edited:
Thanks - change made!

Following this will make me skip Mineral Springs Rd, Sulphur Springs Rd and Old Ancaster Rd - worth it or not? I'm not familiar with the area, but rain or cold or both - I'm still going.

Your route is good, don't get me wrong, it's the traffic later in the day that always bugs me. If you've never been it might be worth it. My route is pretty slick going from west to east on top of the escarpment. I ride out to Paris a fair bit and if I want to go back to downtown Hamilton I'll use my route because 403 is not an option. The area between West Hamilton/Paris/Cambridge is worth a day trip.

Thanks - change made!

The last time I tried Crook's Hollow it was closed for bridge work near the mill ruins. Is it now open?

The last time I tried Crook's Hollow it was closed for bridge work near the mill ruins. Is it now open?

Yes and with a nasty dip in the pavement if approaching at speed from west.

Cold? Wind? Rain? I'm in. Still gonna meet up at the Timmies at Red Hill and Mudd? 10am?

Check that, Centennial Parkway and Mudd Timmies, 10:15am?

Last edited:
Cold? Wind? Rain? I'm in. Still gonna meet up at the Timmies at Red Hill and Mudd? 10am?
I'm 50/50 only because of a work thing that has just popped which I must do either Friday or Monday. I wanted to go on my last long ride of the season on Monday, because it's going to be really nice out. So now I have to choose between Dover tomorrow or Muskoka on Monday. I can only do one:(

I'm 50/50 only because of a work thing that has just popped which I must do either Friday or Monday. I wanted to go on my last long ride of the season on Monday, because it's going to be really nice out. So now I have to choose between Dover tomorrow or Muskoka on Monday. I can only do one:(

Honestly, i would ride Monday. But, that's because it would be a more enjoyable ride.

But I've to work Monday and it's a given I don't work on Friday the 13th. Cause everyone at my work knows I ride.

Even thought i don't go that often in reality.

Back
Top Bottom