Port Dover | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Port Dover

Not that I believe in week old weather forecasts. But, just for ***** and giggles, I've started the process to book this Friday off of work. If it is approved, I may actually go this Friday to finally see if this event is as bad as I had evisioned it to be. I haven't been to Dover on the 13th, since a Saturday, sometime in 2008 or 2009.

I'm probably in (weather-dependent) as well. Rich, since I am on the way, you can meet at my place if you want.

I'm probably in (weather-dependent) as well. Rich, since I am on the way, you can meet at my place if you want.

Depends on where you are, I have a route planned that goes through Paris..... Ah, Paris, in the springtime..... Oh wait, it won't be springtime will it?

I'm likely going to Dover on Friday. I hate it there when it's warm, too many people. It should be better at 6 degrees.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I've got the day off work. How about a ride over there on some nicer backroads? I'm not too familiar with the roads out that way, but did put together a 3hr route there and a different one back to Mississauga.

I've been a bunch of times, but never when it's over 10degrees out:)

Back roads such as gravel, Shane?
I can whip together something. Likely similar to the port burwell ride we did in the spring.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Pick a tentative meet-up place and time - ideally west end of GTA since most people would have to go in that general direction anyhow. Timmies 403/Dundas?

I usually go to Stoney Creek then take River Road past Cayuga and head for Lake Erie shore and go the rest of the way along the shore. No gravel roads.

No gravel for me Mike:) I'm on my Pilot Roads still and they suck at gravel almost as much as I do. I was thinking of backroads that are as scenic and curvy as possible, without lots of traffic, but paved all the way through.

Timmies @ 403/Dundas is perfect. Brian, you know a bunch of good roads towards Port Dover no? I'd be good for 9am or earlier if others wanted to. I figured 3 hours to get there, 2 hours milling about and 3 hours to get home puts us back at the meeting spot by 5pm.

Caledonia McDonalds. That's River Rd. Head east to the end, then south to lake and west to PD. That's a nice curvy summer ride in Flatistan. Includes small section of off road.

I'm on my Pilot Roads still and they suck at gravel almost as much as I do

oh good - I'm not the only one that found the Pilots rather umm "squirmy" off pavement.

What a difference against the Heidenaus which track perfectly.

Pick a tentative meet-up place and time - ideally west end of GTA since most people would have to go in that general direction anyhow. Timmies 403/Dundas?

I usually go to Stoney Creek then take River Road past Cayuga and head for Lake Erie shore and go the rest of the way along the shore. No gravel roads.

Is anyone invited...I may enjoy a nice group ride now that I'm on the VFR.

Although the forecast calls for a 40% chance of rain and "feels like" 2...

I can meet up with the folks heading to Stoney Creek. Or Caledonia McD's?

I can send my digits to whomever and check in to meet up along the way?

Or check the thread?

I can't get to 403/Dundas by 9 am :( and don't want to hold up anyone.

I can leave St Kitts around 9 am and make my way to a meeting spot along the way?

Last edited:
Depends on where you are, I have a route planned that goes through Paris..... Ah, Paris, in the springtime..... Oh wait, it won't be springtime will it?

If your going through Paris, stop at Camp 31 for lunch. Best ribs & pulled pork ever. They do all the rib fests & usually come away with trophies.

Macs - Bring it!

shane - 9 AM might be a smidge chilly. But, let's try for that. Maybe drag our heels for the departure time. So 9 AM 403/Dundas Timmies and maybe leave there 9:30 - 9:45.

nakkers - At the risk of making this sound like a ride from one Timmies to the next ... may not be a bad idea anyhow because of the temp in the morning. How about the Centennial Parkway / Mud St Timmies/Wendys for 10:15. From 403/Dundas to there will be a straight highway run. If anyone doesn't make the first meet-up point, this will be the second.

It is about 100 km from there to Dover, a little more because of some zig-zagging, that part of it will likely take 1.5 - 2 hours.

All contingent on the weather. It won't be warm.

Sounds like a plan.

It will be a little chilly no doubt.

I'm gonna shop for booties to keep the feet dry just in case of rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are making me want to take the day off work to go PD13 for the first time, I like it more when it's not overcrowded too.

No gravel for me Mike:) I'm on my Pilot Roads still and they suck at gravel almost as much as I do. I was thinking of backroads that are as scenic and curvy as possible, without lots of traffic, but paved all the way through.

Timmies @ 403/Dundas is perfect. Brian, you know a bunch of good roads towards Port Dover no? I'd be good for 9am or earlier if others wanted to. I figured 3 hours to get there, 2 hours milling about and 3 hours to get home puts us back at the meeting spot by 5pm.

I love my Pilot Roads on gravel, as long as the road isn't twisty too much, then I will have to slow down. I take my FZ1, sort of off-roading all the time. :)

I love my Pilot Roads on gravel, as long as the road isn't twisty too much, then I will have to slow down. I take my FZ1, sort of off-roading all the time. :)
It's more about my lack of skills on the soft stuff. If it hard packed stuff then it's not problem, but anything softer like loose gravel or sand and I tend to go down. Looking forward to Friday!

I have the day off now. But I won't be able to meet you on the way there. I might take that route on the way home, because it should be warmer, to try and survive the 120+kmph highway speeds, in the afternoon.
I am taking the back way to get there, in the morning, by way of Guelph and Cambridge and Paris. And dropping straight down from the north. IF, it is not stupidly cold out that morning, up here. :)

Back
Top Bottom