Port Dover | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Port Dover

So was it you two that were behind me for a bit from Caledonia until I turned off onto a gravel road? It looked like Brian's bike that was behind me, but I didn't look back too much.

I was on a grey Vstrom with a Kappa top box.

Mike,

Yup! I said to Brian I thought it was you because of the veteran plate.

You turned off on the gravel road and we decided to keep going.

Sorry we didn't meet up for lunch. Would have been nice to meet in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was the wind out there today? I rode to work and it was pretty fierce at times.

Shane,

The ride in wasn't too bad. The ride back, the cross winds were brutal. Definitely some leaning sideways while some snow or hail was coming down. And it got colder it seemed.

How was the wind out there today? I rode to work and it was pretty fierce at times.

The Burlington Skyway on the way out (south) this morning was ... interesting.

There were lots of whitecap waves out on the lake. Apparently the wind had been toward the shore early in the morning and flooded parts of the road and into Port Dover itself, but it was dried out by the time we got there. Fair amount of branches and debris on Lakeshore Road in a few spots.

Mike,

Yup! I said to Brian I thought it was you because of the veteran plate.

You turned off on the gravel road and we decided to keep going.

Sorry we didn't meet up for lunch. Would have been nice to meet in person.

Yeah, I didn't stay long in Dover... not really my scene, but I like to get a glimpse into that world every so often.
I only stayed about 10 minutes to have a slice of pizza and a tea while laughing to myself about all of these guys wearing leather vests with patches all over them proclaiming their views to the world. There certainly are a lot of wacky people in this world, I should know, I am one of them (not a vest wearer, just wacky)!

Oh... and thong man passed by me as I rode up Main St... damn he must have been cold.

Thong man may have been cold but he's covered in glory and really isn't that what it's all about? Which reminds me, I got still got to watch Dunlop dienasty documentary. Wacky world indeed.

Yeah, saw thong man cruising for accolades. Too funny. Guess that's how he stays young!

Was impressed with the turn out. But didn't expect the pirate convention to have so much new and clean leather chaps and vests etc. No dirt, no bugs, right off the rack!!!

My attire wasn't so cool. Lol.

didn't expect the pirate convention to have so much new and clean leather chaps and vests etc. No dirt, no bugs, right off the rack!!!
My attire wasn't so cool. Lol.

True! and the ppl I know who actually ride , hate the bikes without a heel shifter,, <waaa> it scuffs the top of their leather boots </waaa>

My son and I rode in, dressed in snowboard cross welding leather cross construction rain coat .. lol parked both bikes at the Norfolk front door.. and spent most the night at the Brig.

The band was great.. I think they are called Bender...

The ride home thru a few miles of blinding horizontal snow , I had 2 racoons run me over.. one didn't make it home.. but I did!
3 PD13 this year... all with snow! .... terrible bragging rights! . I hope may 2016 will be stinking hot!

Have to say, I appreciate you hardy types plugging through that cold, harsh, windy hell to do your duty. As I sat in the comfy warmth of my car, listening to tunes as the wind drove flurries across my bow, my mind wandered to those few poor souls riding home in frozen blustery misery.

May 2016 looks big though. Guaranteed tidal wave of riders if the weather's good. I'll probably make that one, new shiny leathers, pirate bandanna and all.

Have to say, I appreciate you hardy types plugging through that cold, harsh, windy hell to do your duty. As I sat in the comfy warmth of my car, listening to tunes as the wind drove flurries across my bow, my mind wandered to those few poor souls riding home in frozen blustery misery.

May 2016 looks big though. Guaranteed tidal wave of riders if the weather's good. I'll probably make that one, new shiny leathers, pirate bandanna and all.

You got all winter to work on your pirate, "Arrrggghhhhh!!!!"

It's all good to poke fun at each other. Maybe meet up next time? Love the Softail.

Back
Top Bottom