11/05/15 - Stoney Creek - RR20 and Woodburn | GTAMotorcycle.com

11/05/15 - Stoney Creek - RR20 and Woodburn

Owen

Video here:
http://www.chch.com/motorcyclist-stoney-creek-crash/

A motorcyclist is fighting for his life after an early-morning collision with a pick-up truck.
It happened on Regional Road 20 at Woodburn Road just after 6:30 am. Hamilton Police say the truck was heading westbound on Regional Road 20 when the driver tried to make a left turn on to Woodburn; that’s when he slammed in to the motorcycle. The truck’s driver suffered minor injuries.
Collision investigator Matt Hewko told CHCH News any crash involving a motorcycle is serious. “The motorcyclist doesn’t have all the crumple zones and the safety mechanisms that everybody in a four-wheel vehicle has. Even though this was a side impact for the pick-up truck, they still have all of the doors and the safety mechanisms inside to keep this driver and passenger safe. With a motorcyclist we don’t have that unfortunately.”
Road and weather conditions are still being investigated; alcohol has been ruled out.
Regional Road 20, a major route for traffic between Hamilton and Niagara, was closed for several hours for the investigation; police want anyone with information to give them a call.

Was talking to a guy yesterday and he asked what happened to me as I was hobbling around with my cane, I replied "bike accident".....turns out it was this riders boss. His injuries are severe and still in a coma, he was on his way to work when the truck turned infront of him.....my broken pelvis and other injuries are minor compared to this riders and a lot of others. Ride safe out there people.....your life can change drastically in a second. GWS rider.

Back
Top Bottom