Peterborough swap meet this sunday? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Peterborough swap meet this sunday?

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
Does anyone know about this? A fellow rider at work has been mentioning it for several weeks but I can only find one single reference to it online (which seems odd), and the link appears to go to a dead PDF...which makes me wonder if it's actually a thing or not this year.

I know it's been a go in past years (Google it, "Peterborough motorcycle swap meet morrow building", but I hate to drive all the way up there this Sunday only to find that it's not actually even on this year.

Oh frig...just after clicking Submit I hit their Facebook page again (which last I checked hadn't had a post since 2014 and appeared dead) and sure enough...confirmation.

Worst advertised meet ever.

LOL. I was thinking of heading up there myself. I think they advertised in a couple of biker rags, but I have to agree. These country bumpkin types who organize these things aren't too bright at promotion. I understand they have quite a turnout regardless.

LOL. I was thinking of heading up there myself. I think they advertised in a couple of biker rags, but I have to agree. These country bumpkin types who organize these things aren't too bright at promotion.

Honestly, until I found that update on Facebook I had no plans to go....1 hour drive only to find nothing there, turn around and drive home.

I commented on their FB post that they really need to step up their advertising game...they appear to be completely missing the whole "online" thing - someone should tell them the internet is kind of a good place to advertise. :rolleyes: Can't believe they apparently have vendors and companies and the whole thing...but don't advertise? Even a listing on Kijiji would be helpful, much less updating their Facebook page a mere 5 days before the meet after not having posted anything on it since January 22, 2014. Yeah, 22 months ago.

All I'm really looking for is a new higher windshield for my batwing, honestly (used would suffice as long as it's in good shape)...and perhaps some more luggage (tank bag or something) for some overnight trips next year, so not sure if it's worth it or not, but who knows...might hop on the bike and brave the 4 degree morning forecast....10 degrees for the ride home!

Last edited:
LOL. I was thinking of heading up there myself. I think they advertised in a couple of biker rags, but I have to agree. These country bumpkin types who organize these things aren't too bright at promotion. I understand they have quite a turnout regardless.

It's not a locally ran show. A member of a Toronto Club owns it.

Did anyone go? Having not been able to confirm it was real until so late in the week I couldn't make my schedule work to go unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom