Burlington looks to slow traffic on Snake Road | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Burlington looks to slow traffic on Snake Road

"The city plans to curb traffic speeds on a rural road popular with motorcyclists"

There's noise everywhere, like the people I live next to, the guy with the car & bad exhaust, the planes that fly over. I could understand if the noise was 7 days a week 24hrs a day. The world is full of noise! You could take your bike thru in first gear doing the speed limit and make noise. They should do exhaust Db check on all vehicles going down the road. That may help!?

Sure.Hit up the dump trucks from the escarpment quarries first.

That road has been ****** for awhile with gravel, but I'll still ride it fast, always have, used to live in waterdown and work in Burlington. I crashed my only car there coming down the mountain lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If they put speed bumps that make it dangerous for riders ill be sure to ride through there in first gear and baffles out.

If they put speed bumps that make it dangerous for riders ill be sure to ride through there in first gear and baffles out.

Well that will fix everything..won't it?

City staff found through the use of Automatic Traffic Recorders (ATRs) that 85 per cent of motorists along the north end of Snake Road were travelling at 56 km/h. The speed limit is 50 km/h. [/QUOTE]

So where is the speed problem? Thats pretty damn close to the speed limit
or you could say that the speed should be increased to the 80 percentile but that ain't gonna happen

I would also like to say that I am disappointed at the 5% variation, speed up people :)

Last edited:
Speed limit on most of that road should be 80 with a yellow sign showing 50 in the twisty sections (like it is in America on mountain roads). On the top where there are homes 50 is appropriate as the limit but the rest being 50 is a joke.

Went up Snake Road Dec 24/15, and saw no speed limiting measures whatsoever, aside from the traffic in front of me. I had no plans to speed anyway, just reporting here as an update to anyone interested. Merry Christmas to all.

Some double jumps on Snake rd would be fun! Fake police don't affect my speed but real police do, just ask them where I went.

Back
Top Bottom