Coolant hose snapped off, no coolant, ride home or CAA? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coolant hose snapped off, no coolant, ride home or CAA?

油井緋色

Site Supporter
I may have not tightened it after deciding to store it and the hose snapped off from the bottom while I was parking it at school lol lucky it wasn't mid ride.

Can I ride home or just be safe an CAA? There's no way in hell I can change it here.

snapped/broken or came off. If it just came off, stick it back on, get a hose clamp and coolant at CTC and ride home.

snapped/broken or came off. If it just came off, stick it back on, get a hose clamp and coolant at CTC and ride home.

I'll just CAA, store it, and change it next year :'(

Today was such a nice day too.

It came off due to the clamp not being tight =(

油井緋色;2361246 said:

FYI, there are torque specs for band clamps also.

FYI, there are torque specs for band clamps also.

I usually just tighten it with a screw driver until it can't tighten anymore. This is the first time this has happened. I'm pretty sure I didn't tighten the clamp much.

油井緋色;2361256 said:
I usually just tighten it with a screw driver until it can't tighten anymore. This is the first time this has happened. I'm pretty sure I didn't tighten the clamp much.
Everyone does that, even me. I just pointed that out in case you want to torque it once to feel how tight it should be, then continue to use a screwdriver(socket would be better though).

油井緋色;2361246 said:

Seriously? Just clamp it and add coolant now. Most connections have a lip, so don't have to be super tight.

No tools on me. I already got my fill lol if anything I'll refill it at home after caa

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

油井緋色;2361246 said:
I'll just CAA, store it, and change it next year

No, no, no! :eek:

Do not store it without replacing the coolant, otherwise you run the risk of corrosion. Coolant is there to cool but it's also formulated to protect against rust and corrosion.

Last edited:
This.

Reattach and fill with water if you can. Drain the water when you get home and replace with coolant

Do not do this if it's freezing out. The engine can get warm enough to close the thermostat and then the water stops flowing through the radiator. The rad freezes and busts. You have to remove the thermostat so the water is always circulating.

Back
Top Bottom