Gloves with knuckle protector hurts my knuckle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gloves with knuckle protector hurts my knuckle

stevenleung0000

I bought a pair of medium size dainese gloves with knuckle protector not long ago.
Got no problem at the beginning, but recently my land hand knuckle starts to hurt especially when i grab the cluth.
Anyone experience the same thing with similar gloves?

I had no issues with my gloves. They weren't dianese, but they had knuckle protectors. Maybe the glove is too small?

I had no issues with my gloves. They weren't dianese, but they had knuckle protectors. Maybe the glove is too small?

Glove is too small. I have huge knuckles and pretty much need a size up in gloves cause of this -_- nothing else has helped. You can also try looking at gloves where the knuckle protection is a seperate flap of leather/plastic instead of sewn into the glove. This would let it articulate seperately

I bought a pair of medium size dainese gloves with knuckle protector not long ago.
Got no problem at the beginning, but recently my land hand knuckle starts to hurt especially when i grab the cluth.
Anyone experience the same thing with similar gloves?

My wife had that problem, so we cut a slit and removed the knuckle protector. Problem solved.

Is there some sharp edge on the knuckle protector? Is it a compression issue? Maybe some protective cloth/material has shifted or worn away? Only you can tell.

My wife had that problem, so we cut a slit and removed the knuckle protector. Problem solved.
Currently the knuckles on these gloves are completely scratched, if they weren't there I am not sure the leather would have hold and I would be missing some skin pieces... there is a point for them, not just looks

2013-12-14

If it's a rubbing issue, put some moleskin on the inside of the glove. If it's compression then you do need to go up a size. The knuckle guard shouldn't move around much and shouldn't move independently from the glove. That wouldn't offer the kind of protection you need in a fall and slide.

Currently the knuckles on these gloves are completely scratched, if they weren't there I am not sure the leather would have hold and I would be missing some skin pieces... there is a point for them, not just looks

2013-12-14

Is that the reason why motoGP racers tape around their knuckles before they put on their gloves?

2013-12-14
I agree with you. We only took out the one from the pinkie finger that was bothering her. Many people buy gloves without knuckle protection at all. I wouldn't recommend doing it for track gloves, I just offered a possible solution. Best option is to buy new gloves, but that wasn't the point of this thread.

It is just that I spent $200ish on that glove.... And now the 30 days return day has passed....
oh well, guess I have to buy a new pair :(

If you go to buy a new set, make sure you throw them o as soon as you get into the store. Wear them for a bit and walk around. Make sure they don't cause any pressure points (which don't always appear right away) before you lay down your cash. I had the same problem as you did in the past. Now I do this every time I buy a new pair. My hands (and knuckles) are happy campers ever since...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Just keep wearing them. Sweat will slowly mold the glove chassis to your hand shape. After 2 years of heavy use, my Dainese Carbon Cover STs are like soft casts of my hands/forearms.

Maybe carry a pair of broken-in old gloves with you to swap them out when your hands get tired.

gloves could be too small, or might still need to stretch. Mine were like that too for the first 1-3 months, then fine ever since.

Back
Top Bottom