18 Year old male, M2, looking for a good insurance quote price | GTAMotorcycle.com

18 Year old male, M2, looking for a good insurance quote price

fzi124

Hi guys, I'm interested in getting a 300cc (Yamaha R3, Ninja 300 or CBR 300) I'm just wondering what a good insurance price is for just liability. I am a 18 year old male, 6' 180 lbs and have a %100 clean driving record, I have had my M2 since October. I called a few places and the cheapest price i got was from Easy Insurance at $2922 a year for 300cc. What is considered a good insurance price??? Thanks you :eek:

A few insurance quotes i got are

TD: $7664/year
Echelon : $4210/year
Easy Insurance: $2922/year
State farm: Wont insure without 5 year driving experience
Intact: Requires minimum M2 licensing for 1 year

For young riders good is cheapest. Why just liability?

Hi guys, I'm interested in getting a 300cc (Yamaha R3, Ninja 300 or CBR 300) I'm just wondering what a good insurance price is for just liability. I am a 18 year old male, 6' 180 lbs and have a %100 clean driving record, I have had my M2 since October. I called a few places and the cheapest price i got was from Easy Insurance at $2922 a year for 300cc. What is considered a good insurance price??? Thanks you :eek:

This isn't Tinder

lol sorry first time posting and i don't know if that makes a difference or if someone wants to recommend a different cc for my size

For young riders good is cheapest. Why just liability?

Do you have any idea how much having full coverage adds to a policy, particularly for a new rider? I suggest you go read http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?193713-Insurance-for-20-years-old and see for yourself - initial quote with full coverage $11,000.00 (Yes, ELEVEN THOUSAND) for the year....same everything, liability only...$1500 for the year.

This isn't Tinder

How very helpful. :rolleyes:

OP, honestly, $3K for your situation and age doesn't seem that far out of line on that bike. Call Riders Plus and get a quote from them as well, I found them to be the best in my situation, YMMV.

Do you have any idea how much having full coverage adds to a policy, particularly for a new rider? I suggest you go read http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?193713-Insurance-for-20-years-old and see for yourself - initial quote with full coverage $11,000.00 (Yes, ELEVEN THOUSAND) for the year....same everything, liability only...$1500 for the year.

Nope. I'm older and don't have any pity for younger riders insurance rates. Life sucks and it isn't fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... I am a 18 year old ... and have a %100 clean driving record, I have had my M2 since October..

Clean record, yes, but not much of one. These quotes are for what bike? New, used (can't be that old), did you take out a loan or paid cash? All these will affect your rate. If you are vague they will fill in the blanks with the highest premium, to cover all their bases. Any new bike bought with a loan means you will need full collision, theft/fire, because you don't own the bike yet. Your bank owns the bike, you pay the insurance.

If you live in Bramption/Mississauga or Scarborough (crap drivers) you will pay even more.

Cheapest: Buy an older bike for cash as your first bike. Liability only, no collision, no theft/fire
Most expensive: Buy a new bike from a loan for your first bike. You'll need full coverage for collision, theft/fire.

There's been a slew of similar threads in the insurance area. Please go back and review. The advice given is generally applicable.

I'm 22 but bought a new ninja 300 last spring when I was 21.

$1690 / year with an M1 through state Farm. Didn't change with my M2 or rider training.

Liability and comp only.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Way too many factors. Before I moved (from Mississauga I was quoted around 2k). Moved to Milton got quoted for 1k and I'm 21. Literally moved 15 kms away from my old house.

If you can afford it, jump on whatever the lowest quote is.

Seems like you can afford it since you said "if it gets damaged I'll just buy a new one". Lol

How very helpful. :rolleyes:

OP, honestly, $3K for your situation and age doesn't seem that far out of line on that bike. Call Riders Plus and get a quote from them as well, I found them to be the best in my situation, YMMV.

Oh Jesus, stop shilling Riders Plus and don't answer questions you have no knowledge about. Riders Plus is unable to rate anyone under 25 competitively due to their underwriting. In addition, full coverage RARELY is a significant jump from liability/comp only. The kid whose thread your quoting was going off of online quotes, which are never accurate.

ON TOP of that, Collision coverage is NOT just "if you're at fault" coverage. It covers plenty of other scenarios. Hit and run for example is covered under your collision package and is a real risk with a motorcycle.

How very helpful indeed.

Hey man. I registered just to reply to you.

I was just turned 18 when I got my insurance with Aviva. I am paying 3030 a year TOTAL for just liability ($1M) on a 1999 GSX-600. I started my policy in August. I think 2922 for a 300cc is a rip off. You could do better.

I was just turned 18 when I got my insurance with Aviva. I am paying 3030 a year TOTAL for just liability ($1M) on a 1999 GSX-600. I started my policy in August. I think 2922 for a 300cc is a rip off. You could do better.

I remember speaking to Aviva since I get work discount with them and they said they will not insure SS bikes.

I remember speaking to Aviva since I get work discount with them and they said they will not insure SS bikes.

They do insure SS bikes, I've gotten multiple quotes for them however I was quoted $4500 for an R6.

Oh Jesus, stop shilling Riders Plus and don't answer questions you have no knowledge about. Riders Plus is unable to rate anyone under 25 competitively due to their underwriting. In addition, full coverage RARELY is a significant jump from liability/comp only. The kid whose thread your quoting was going off of online quotes, which are never accurate.

ON TOP of that, Collision coverage is NOT just "if you're at fault" coverage. It covers plenty of other scenarios. Hit and run for example is covered under your collision package and is a real risk with a motorcycle.

How very helpful indeed.

seriously eh...

Personal experience; I was considering liability only on the 250 now because its old and a 250...it was $76 a month with SF, full coverage $84. So for an extra 8 bucks I'm not going to be a cheap bastard and just have that extra piece of mind because its still in great shape with some premium components.

what you been smoking young fella?? Your bike will be 17 years old now, he's looking at a bike that will be 2-3 years old max if not brand new. Ever taken valuation into account?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom