YAMAHA MWT-9 3 wheeler | GTAMotorcycle.com

YAMAHA MWT-9 3 wheeler

Riceburner

[video=youtube;bBDlEC04OW8]https://youtu.be/bBDlEC04OW8[/video]

So, why is a 3 wheeler better? A Can-Am Spyder stands up on it's own, but the MWT doesn't appear to. Does the extra front make enough of a difference???

Yamaha said in a press release: 'This Leaning Multi-Wheel (LMW) concept model proposes a new type of category in the realm of sport riding. Under a development concept of a “Cornering Master,” the MWT-9 mounts a 3-cylinder 850 cm3 engine on a seamless and dynamically styled body. The exceptional cornering performance provided by the twin front wheels and the bank angle maximized by the outward positioned front suspension forks enable a high level of performance that lets the rider go freely through twisty roads with ever-changing road surfaces and dotted with tight curves in succession.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that this is a concept bike only. The small one is actually a production bike, with a 125. Neat machine, very confidence inspiring over "rough" terrain (cobble stones etc). I was surprised how quickly everyone who rode one got into the groove. I assumed there would be a steeper learning curve, but the geometry seems well sorted. Unlike the MP3, which locks when stopped, these still require a stand. Upside is that it would be a less complex mechanism, less stuff to maintian/fail.

I am not sure that I understand all the extra complexity in a bike with the FZ09 motor, seems like that might not suit the North American market very well. But we are only a very small part of the motorcycling world, and this could be more of a halo project with trickle-down technology in mind for the scooter market (TMAX is very popular in Europe afterall).

it still looks stupid...Front end looks like something out of Predator.

The only thing this would allow me to do over a bike is be more of a goon on roads like Southwood without having to worry about gravel, sand and all that other crap.

This is not new at all. Piaggo MP3 has been out for years. Also Yamaha sells a smaller version of this in Asia for couple years now.

If you see the how the front forks are constructed its pretty interesting

Back
Top Bottom