Loud vs quiet exhaust? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Loud vs quiet exhaust?

Blind spots are over rated. Is the car or truck in front going to do a 120deg turn in a millisecond? Of course if you have macular degeneration that's a whole different ball game.
Shot at me? No, wait. I'm advanced. I have advanced macular degeneration. I don’t play ball.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Shot at me? No, wait. I'm advanced. I have advanced macular degeneration. I don’t play ball.

You have AMD?

You have AMD?
"Had" amd. 16 injections into my eye over 2 years has more or less healed me. Lost less than 2% of my vision. The whole reason that I finally started riding. That and I wanted loud pipes ?

"Had" amd. 16 injections into my eye over 2 years has more or less healed me. Lost less than 2% of my vision. The whole reason that I finally started riding. That and I wanted loud pipes 

Wow, good job you found it early! Will you be getting a real bike soon?

10 pages and seems like we covered the bases.

So, who is gonna start a new thread about waving?

Have to say just about everyone still riding has been waving. Even had a fella chase me down to pull up beside me and give a wave and then peel off. Another fella was on the QEW HOV lane with his Kawasomething. It was green and traffic was at a crawl. Stopped beside me, nodded, crossed all the lanes and got off on Walker line or Appleby Line, can't remember now, it was a Wednesday.

Anyways, waves and nods from all. I may have cracked a smile and said hey. Then resumed pirate mode......

Haven't covered all the bases.

So if I put loud pipes on my bike do I need to change the oil? If so what kind of oil do you guys recommend? And is the winterization process any different? LMAO

10 pages and seems like we covered the bases.

So, who is gonna start a new thread about waving?

Have to say just about everyone still riding has been waving. Even had a fella chase me down to pull up beside me and give a wave and then peel off. Another fella was on the QEW HOV lane with his Kawasomething. It was green and traffic was at a crawl. Stopped beside me, nodded, crossed all the lanes and got off on Walker line or Appleby Line, can't remember now, it was a Wednesday.

Anyways, waves and nods from all. I may have cracked a smile and said hey. Then resumed pirate mode......

Haven't covered all the bases.

So if I put loud pipes on my bike do I need to change the oil? If so what kind of oil do you guys recommend? And is the winterization process any different? LMAO

Oh! Now you've found and done it! Oil you say???

Winterized?

Damn you. Damn you all to hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm not sure if I should wave or not.

So if I put loud pipes on my bike do I need to change the oil?

Depends on if your loud pipes have mufflers or not. Without oil the muffler bearings will seize in no time.

Maybe that's why some of the Harley guys are so loud, all the muffler bearing oil leaked out (what Harleys DON'T leak oil afterall, right?) and the muffler bearings are shot.

Wow, good job you found it early! Will you be getting a real bike soon?
?

Finally after years of riding I put a Vance & Hines slip on on my bike. Always kept stock pipes, didn't believe the loud pipes folks but you know what? I have had at least 5 times people swerve at the last minute because they heard the bike and not seen it. That's 5 times I didn't have to take an emergency escape route. I'm now a believer and will keep the loud pipes. I'm respectful in the neighbourhood and keep the revs low. Nobody complains.

Finally after years of riding I put a Vance & Hines slip on on my bike. Always kept stock pipes, didn't believe the loud pipes folks but you know what? I have had at least 5 times people swerve at the last minute because they heard the bike and not seen it. That's 5 times I didn't have to take an emergency escape route. I'm now a believer and will keep the loud pipes. I'm respectful in the neighbourhood and keep the revs low. Nobody complains.

You just can't hear the complaints! Good for you for rocking the V&H. I like em too. And so does the neighbourhood. At least nobody complains. Lol. Kidding.

Back
Top Bottom