Deer hit on the DVP | GTAMotorcycle.com

Deer hit on the DVP

RetroGrouch

Site Supporter
I was driving southbound on the DVP at 7:30 this evening near Bayview exit when the traffic slowed down as we approached several police cruisers with lights flashing. So I decide to rubberneck and switched to the middle lane for a better look. A dead buck with a nice set of antlers was leaning up against the concrete median with a bunch of car debris all over the road. Wow, I have never seen a deer right inside the city. I'm guessing he was being chased by a coyote and in a panic jumped onto the highway. Too bad, nice looking deer.

That's a shame. I saw a deer once in Toronto. I wonder how they stay out of sight most of the time?

Deer season opened today (gun). Don't ask how I know, got nothing to do with what is being butchered by hubby. Well technically it's just being hung right now.

RIP

There is a herd living in the Don Valley and Taylor Bush area and one visited our backyard a few summers ago to munch on the flowers while we were having dinner. He put on a great show for our guests.

That's a shame. I saw a deer once in Toronto. I wonder how they stay out of sight most of the time?

There is a herd living in the Don Valley and Taylor Bush area and one visited our backyard a few summers ago to munch on the flowers while we were having dinner. He put on a great show for our guests.

This is the type of post I enjoy reading. It paints a pleasant picture.

There was one that had to be shooed off of the 427 a couple of years back.

and now the poor bastard was slumped up against the median putting on a great show for passing motorists...

I was driving southbound on the DVP at 7:30 this evening near Bayview exit when the traffic slowed down as we approached several police cruisers with lights flashing. So I decide to rubberneck and switched to the middle lane for a better look. A dead buck with a nice set of antlers was leaning up against the concrete median with a bunch of car debris all over the road. Wow, I have never seen a deer right inside the city. I'm guessing he was being chased by a coyote and in a panic jumped onto the highway. Too bad, nice looking deer.

I was canoeing on the Don River & saw a deer coming out for a drink. He was very shy though.

I was in a bar just down the street from the ACC before the hockey game last night and it was full of cougars................

Bloor/ Mill road area. Along the pathway that borders the creek. See deer there all the time.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

a few year back, i almost hit one in my car on Mississauga rd and Dundas right by UTM.
Driving around 8-9 pm i was doing about 70 which is pretty standard for taht area when a couple of deers jumped in front of the car. Hit the breaks and missed them but the guy almost rear ended me since i had to break so suddenly.

After that, everytime i ride in that are, i slow down.

I've seen many deer in the Humber River valley all the way between Lake Ontario and Clairville Conservation Area.

I've seen many deer in the Humber River valley all the way between Lake Ontario and Clairville Conservation Area.

Used to live right on the Humber by the 401... had deer everywhere, remember one taking a nap on the front lawn. Also saw them near the 401 on-ramp on more than one occasion, kinda surprising that I never saw a dead one there

I always see them when going down the Bayview extension late at night. A couple of weeks ago I passed one as I was heading up Pottery road at that paper mill site.

The rut has begun. Male deer are in a hormonal frenzy, so they're not acting as cautiously as they normally do.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/03/automobiles/deer-mating-season-drivers-beware.html?_r=0

Deer in the city -- they figured out, by luck, that they can't be hunted here and over-populate. Just like geese and ducks.

When I am sitting out in the country hunting, I don't see ****. I come in the city and the animals over populate the place.

Deer in the city -- they figured out, by luck, that they can't be hunted here and over-populate. Just like geese and ducks.

When I am sitting out in the country hunting, I don't see ****. I come in the city and the animals over populate the place.

A friend of mine is hiding deep in the woods right now waiting for a deer that will never show up.
Just told him if he has no luck shooting one, to jump in his truck and cruise the DVP.
He hasn't seen the article so he's confused.

Back
Top Bottom