Your favorite places to ride on southern Ontario? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your favorite places to ride on southern Ontario?

I would recommend you getting the hell out of Ontario and go down to Pennsylvania.

forks of the credit...best on weekends...especially fun if you have a very loud pipe

I have a full D&D exhaust on my CBR so it fits the bill for this lol. Isn't forks of the credit more low speed technical riding?

An crossing the border is an option as well. I would LOVE to do a full Blue Ridge run but it would have to be on a clear day, fog can get pretty bad sometimes.

not much down here...I prefer going north to Huntsville, Bancroft, Calabogie areas...508, 511, 509, 60, 41, 118, 28, 62, 35, 141, 169, 35 in Bala area...haven't been there but WV looks awesome...hoping next year...

Southern Ontario? Sorry you're SOL for interesting roads there, you have to head North, way North if you're staying in Ontario.

not much down here...I prefer going north to Huntsville, Bancroft, Calabogie areas...508, 511, 509, 60, 41, 118, 28, 62, 35, 141, 169, 35 in Bala area...haven't been there but WV looks awesome...hoping next year...

Otherwise, head South.

So basically, anywhere but where you are ;(

forks of the credit...best on weekends...especially fun if you have a very loud pipe

1 switch back...over rated. If you have to go, don't go on a weekend that's when it's packed with sightseeing folk...parked all along the side of the road...walking blindly across it without looking ...it's a general cluster faq on a weekend.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic about Forks. But close to there you've got Hockley Valley and River Rd in Terra Nova. Both popular spots and both frequently patrolled so ride at your own risk. I prefer to go up north or north-east whenever I can.

Have you seen a lot of Southern Ontario? Explore. It's yours to discover. Just because every road doesn't resemble a GP track does not mean squat. Learn to ride gravel. Insane, I know.

Friend of mine suggested we make a trip up to haliburton, says he knows some really nice riding roads up there.

Friend of mine suggested we make a trip up to haliburton, says he knows some really nice riding roads up there.

If you're doing it this season, then this is your week.

Point bike north or north east, ride 2 hours...enjoy. Or go South as some have stated. Next year I'm going to do a PA trip because it's about damn time!

If you're doing it this season, then this is your week.

Would be for next season. I've spent some time up there, cottages an such but never for riding.

Kinda sucks that we really don't have much in the way of dedicated riding roads here.

Yeah, sucks but that's what you get when it's mostly farm land. Nice and flat in most directions. The shortest distance for roads is a straight line. Then the whole place turns into one big grid pattern.

Would be for next season. I've spent some time up there, cottages an such but never for riding.

Kinda sucks that we really don't have much in the way of dedicated riding roads here.
The dedicated riding roads are at Shannonville, Cayuga, Grand Bend, Mosport and Calabogie.

I don't have any favorites. All of southern Ontario is bland, boring and overcrowded. The roads are all utilitarian, no true scenic routes.

I don't have any favorites. All of southern Ontario is bland, boring and overcrowded. The roads are all utilitarian, no true scenic routes.

Live to ride???

The dedicated riding roads are at Shannonville, Cayuga, Grand Bend, Mosport and Calabogie.

Been to Shannonville already and ran supermoto at Cayuga but I didn't mean racing on the street just nice places to ride at all really.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom