Haliburton and Elephant Lake Rd - Wednesday or Thursday | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Haliburton and Elephant Lake Rd - Wednesday or Thursday

I was on the way here, no phone access on the bike lol.
Coffee is hot, girls are pretty, just hoping I can get a weather update.
MacDoc, where are you? Thought you pretty much lived here, was hoping to spot a red cbf.

Thanks Shane for organizing the ride, good route,good pace and good company.

Jay

Was a nice ride. We did a couple of roads that I haven't did before.
On my way home where I departed I had to jam on the binders...stupid turkeys about 15 to 20 of them.

Sucks to be me. Got to Port Perry 15 minutes late, can't figure out how to load the route into google maps on my iphone, can't catch up.:(
Guess I'll have to ride alone today.
That does suck. We stayed there for about 10 minutes and then headed out, but we would have waited for you if we had known. Next time we should exchange ph#'s so we can set up a meet spot if something goes wrong, or if you have a gps, you can get the route from me in advance as a gpx file. I hope to do at least one more ride somewhere - maybe ride up to the Bunny Trail or something... There will be more!

All in all it was a good ride and a really nice day out. The roads were really clean too. Thanks for the good ride everyone.

Yep, a great day of riding. Sorry we missed you guys: Iceman, Jamie, Inreb. Maybe next time?

The roads were in great shape, the pace brisk, challenging at times, but not hooliganish (I made up a new word :D ). The end of the day was a disappointment, for me anyway, following my navigation error which lead us to finish on the slab. Sorry, guys, I'll get it right next time!

Thanks for organizing things, Shane. :thumbup:

Here's a shot of a few misfits swapping lies:

IMG_20151105_133029_zpsy8hbickn.jpg~original

Damn. There was ice cream.
What bike is that on the far left? Behind the Tiger?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Damn. There was ice cream.
What bike is that on the far left? Behind the Tiger?

I knew you'd like that.

You're looking at Terry's FJR1300.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

Who's the handsome black fellow? Mr. Kingsley I presume?

I knew you'd like that.

You're looking at Terry's FJR1300.

??

1300? Much too big for me. That bike is okay for the riding you guys did? I don't know much about them, but by the looks I would have guessed more sport touring.

That bike is the more sportier of the sport touring line from japan. Just needs fitted with better shoes. Many of the corners had the dew on the road and after a slide and the cost of one bag is 700, it was time to ease up.

Last edited:
That bike is the more sportier of the sport touring line from japan. Just needs fitted with better shoes. Many of the corners had the dew on the road and after a slide and the cost of one bag is 700, it was time to ease up.
I don’t want to say it looked out of place, because I don't know about anything other than my bike, but your reply basically answered what I was thinking, thank you. I really like the colour on that as well.

Yeah they weigh in at over 600 pounds.
Edit the newer ones are heavier this ones says 590

Last edited:
Well, at least my day wasn't a total loss. Managed to meet up with Inreb and swap some stories over Belfountains finest coffee.
@joebass, you'll never guess. Me and Inreb were wearing the same Klim Pants! Jealous much? :D

No no no not same. Identical.

Well, at least my day wasn't a total loss. Managed to meet up with Inreb and swap some stories over Belfountains finest coffee.
@joebass, you'll never guess. Me and Inreb were wearing the same Klim Pants! Jealous much? :D
Damn those are nice pants.
No no no not same. Identical.

This is a vitally important distinction; thanks for clearing it up.

Yes indeed. With @inreb you never know...

Back
Top Bottom