Haliburton and Elephant Lake Rd - Wednesday or Thursday | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Haliburton and Elephant Lake Rd - Wednesday or Thursday

I wish I had checked the map before spouting off. In my defence I did over 500kms yesterday, the last 50 I shouldn't have even been on the road never mind a computer. Sorry.

I wish I had checked the map before spouting off. In my defence I did over 500kms yesterday, the last 50 I shouldn't have even been on the road never mind a computer. Sorry.
You going tomorrow?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

You going tomorrow?

I have no business on group rides altho, paradoxically, I have a keen interest them. It's 50/50.

I have no business on group rides altho, paradoxically, I have a keen interest them. It's 50/50.
You ought to. Great roads, great route. I'll ride in the back with you.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

Thruxton or Tiger?

Honest to gods truth? About 3 weeks ago I stepped on my +1 glasses when they slipped off the seat without me realizing it. It's a mild prescription so I can and do ride without them but.............

Thruxton or Tiger?

Honest to gods truth? About 3 weeks ago I stepped on my +1 glasses when they slipped off the seat without me realizing it. It's a mild prescription so I can and do ride without them but.............
+1? Those are reading glasses, man! Get 'em at any drug store.

I'm taking the Tiger this time.

+1? Those are reading glasses, man! Get 'em at any drug store.

I'm taking the Tiger this time.

Tiger prolly has hydro and other comfort goodies. I'm riding Scrambler bareback. Flying congested gta hiways, cold and dark at both ends of the day? Hmm.

Try find +1 readers at brick and mortar, I dare you. Lowest I could find was +1.25. Too much. Day time riding is ok, don't know what I'm missing 'til I slip the glasses back on. Night is brutal.

Have a safe ride.

Exactly. It will be good times. This is not a ride for pushing the limits, but just getting out and enjoying the day. The roads and the scenery should be really nice and it's the last day of amazing temps before it cools down. If anyone wants to ride slower than the rest, no worries, we always wait for everyone to catch up.

If anyone has a suggestion for a nice scenic place to stop and eat, I'm flexible. I know of a small boat launch on Essonville Line that I have stopped at before, and I also know that there are good butter tarts in Maynooth... not sure if there is a place to stop along Elephant Lake Rd or not.

Count me in. I just have to plan on where to meet up. I am coming from Trenton and do Buckhorn on up all the time.

Tiger prolly has hydro and other comfort goodies. I'm riding Scrambler bareback. Flying congested gta hiways, cold and dark at both ends of the day? Hmm.

Great! So we'll see you there!

Try find +1 readers at brick and mortar, I dare you. Lowest I could find was +1.25. Too much. Day time riding is ok, don't know what I'm missing 'til I slip the glasses back on. Night is brutal.
I think Dollarama usually has the +1 glasses. I often get the + 2.5's for my Dad because he loses about a pair a month and am pretty sure I see the +1's there all the time.

Great! So we'll see you there!

Ya, I'll be there like you were there at turn 2 vintage races this year.

I think Dollarama usually has the +1 glasses. I often get the + 2.5's for my Dad because he loses about a pair a month and am pretty sure I see the +1's there all the time.

I consider WallyWorld shopping a personal low but I will certainly check Dollarama. Thank you.

Ya, I'll be there like you were there at turn 2 vintage races this year.

I was there, man! Never saw you, though. The sidecars put on the best show of the weekend.

Sucks to be me. Got to Port Perry 15 minutes late, can't figure out how to load the route into google maps on my iphone, can't catch up.:(
Guess I'll have to ride alone today.

Sucks to be me. Got to Port Perry 15 minutes late, can't figure out how to load the route into google maps on my iphone, can't catch up.:(
Guess I'll have to ride alone today.
That sucks man. I was worried about my fuel, couldn't find any small gas cans to carry and slept like crap last night so probably wouldn't have been safe to do such a long ride :(

you guys still heading out?

I left Port Perry, in Nobleton on my way to the Forks. Grabbing a coffee and see if anyone is going riding.

I left Port Perry, in Nobleton on my way to the Forks. Grabbing a coffee and see if anyone is going riding.
If I knew that I would have met you in Nobleton for the coffee.

I'll meet you at forks for coffee, need about a hour and a half from now. Just finished painting, need to clean up. I'll stay on the computer for 10min.

I'll meet you at forks for coffee, need about a hour and a half from now. Just finished painting, need to clean up. I'll stay on the computer for 10min.
No answer here either. Assuming he is on his way to forks. Enjoy the ride.

Back
Top Bottom