Haliburton and Elephant Lake Rd - Wednesday or Thursday | GTAMotorcycle.com

Haliburton and Elephant Lake Rd - Wednesday or Thursday

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
I'm going to take a day off work this week - Thursday is looking like the best day to hit up Elephant Lake Rd.

Meet up at the Timmies in Port Perry for 9am.
Pace is fun in the corners and responsible everywhere else (not for new riders).
I'm going to bring snacks and a lunch and eat at a spot near a lake or something - days are short!

I'll be leaving from Mississauga and can also meet up along the way to Port Perry if anyone wants to.
1889 Scugog Street - The one we normally meet at:)

Here's a rough route: https://goo.gl/maps/gKjqFtCDJLF2 - Google maps is showing 7hrs and 500km round trip from Port Perry.

Post up or PM if you are interested.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Looks like a fantastic route.

Choose a day please, Shane. I will present the case to the boss at work. The sooner I know, the more likely I can attend.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

I'll try to get the time off. Hopefully see you's at timmies but don't wait for me in case my boss is an *****.
Thanks for the awesome map Shane!!! I've been on many of these roads.

Sounds good. There is a Tim's on Weston Rd and the 401 if anyone wants to meet there at 8am, before going up to Port Perry. Just let me know if you want to meet there, otherwise I'll just ride straight up to Port Perry.

edit: also if anyone wants the gps file of the route, then send me your email address and I'll send it over to you.

Last edited:
Shane when are you leaving mississauga?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

@daisoman: I think I will leave 403/Winston Churchill area around 7:30. That should put me in Port Perry by 8:45 with time to have a drink before we split.

@johnscruiser: 150km fuel range? Wow:) - I think I get 400km so I can't say that I plan trips on short gas tanks. I'm not totally sure of where the gas stations are on this route. I know there is the one at the bottom of the 507, one in Haliburton, one in Wilberforce, and one in Maynooth that will hopefully be open. You can still come, and we will make it work. Maybe bring a 5l jerry can and we can stick it in my topbox? If we are stopping that frequently for gas, then it's not bad as long as we keep the stops short - I was hoping to be back before total darkness. Pack your lunches.

Oh yeah! Getting Thursday off! See you guys in Port Perry.
Edit: I'll bring my lunch as well Shane.

Last edited:
Googler shows 3 Timmies in Port Perry.

First post has a link to the route map, which shows the correct Tim's in Port Perry that we are meeting at.
Tim Hortons, 1889 Scugog Street, Port Perry, ON L9L 1J4
Cheers!

Last edited:
First post has a link to the route map, which shows the correct Tim's in Port Perry that we are meeting at.
Tim Hortons, 1805 Scugog Street, Port Perry, ON L9L 1J4
Cheers!
Not sure how often you meet in Port Perry but that's not the one that everyone meets at. But no problem, just wanted to make sure you knew.

1805 Scugog is a Pioneer gas station with a Tim's drive through.

Surely Shane means 1889 Scugog, the usual Tim's motorcycle hang out.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

Won't make it out this time. Safe travels guys

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom