Books | GTAMotorcycle.com

Books

Joe Bass

*probably eating right now*
Site Supporter
There was a thread the other day, which I can't seem to find, where a member suggested a book to a new rider. I like to read, and would like to read it, but for the life of me can't remember it. Proficient Motorcycling maybe? And it got me thinking, what other books would you guys recommend?
I will be picking up Twist of the Wrist by Keith Code (I've watched the YouTube vid, thanks @zx600 ) & even though I've heard it's not too motorcycle focused, I think Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance will be another wintertime must read. So what else have you guys got?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Ive seen twist of the wrist II from youtube as well. It was recommended by @jimsun

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

3 joe's in a row!

Proficient Motorcycling, David Hough. There are two editions and he's got a bunch of books besides these.
Total Control, Lee Parks
Twist of the Wrist I and II, Keith Code
Motorcycle Roadcraft - The Police Rider's Handbook (UK)

^^^ These guys? Not your average Joes.

Last edited:
From your user names, you guys should start up a boy band.
Can't wait to see the dance routines!:D

From your user names, you guys should start up a boy band.
Can't wait to see the dance routines!:D
I do the jelly roll. Or more accurately, the belly roll.
I can sing though. ??

I do the jelly roll. Or more accurately, the belly roll.
I can sing though. ??

Well, you're ahead of me there. I enjoy both singing and dancing, I'm not very good at either. Lol
Like "my dog leaves the room if I belt it out" kinda not very good. :D

Well, you're ahead of me there. I enjoy both singing and dancing, I'm not very good at either. Lol
Like "my dog leaves the room if I belt it out" kinda not very good. :D
Dance and sing like nobody's watching! I've been in a few bands, back in my younger days. Sang at my wedding as well.
Got any book suggestions?

Dance and sing like nobody's watching! I've been in a few bands, back in my younger days. Sang at my wedding as well.
Got any book suggestions?

Well if you're gonna keep riding in the gta, you could start with the Bible.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no cager...

Ghost_Rider_book.jpg

I will be picking up Twist of the Wrist by Keith Code (I've watched the YouTube vid, thanks @zx600 ) & even though I've heard it's not too motorcycle focused, I think Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance will be another wintertime must read. So what else have you guys got?

Keep in mind that Zen and the art of M/C maintenance is more about zen than M/C maintenance. You will find it in the psychology section of Chapters.

My son is a drummer, not a motorcyclist. Said it was a boring, boring, boring book. Ghost Rider needed a better Ghost Writer. I like Hough's books. Twist of the Wrist II, seemed better than I to me.

Ted Simon's 'Jupiter's Travels' is a great MC travel book.

If you can find them, Max Burns' 'On Any Wednesday' and 'Around the bend (again)' are good. They're collections of Cycle Canada articles.

'The Vincent in the Barn' is good if you like vintage bikes. 'The Harley in the barn' is more of the same but I didn't enjoy it as much.

'Shop Class as Soulcraft; an inquiry into the value of work' is excellent if you're interested in a philosophical perspective.

Christopher Moore writes well too if you like humor. 'Lamb' is hilarious.

This is exactly the type of response I was hoping for. Thanks so much and keep them coming!
I wonder if this has any possibility of becoming a sticky for future reference?

Street Strategies is good to fill in little pockets of time. Each situation consists of two pages, explaining the situation, what the person did wrong, and a better technique, along with a picture. It was taken from columns in Road Rider and Motorcycle Consumer News.

" Make Haste, Slowly" by Michelle Ann Duff.

"Here is a book that not only gives insight to the highly strung world of Grand Prix Motorcycle Racing, but equally as important, gives an understanding of the sacrifices, hardship and pain that Mike endured to realize his dream. A tale of human endeavour with a truly unique ending."

Back
Top Bottom