Your best moment riding 2015 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your best moment riding 2015

Either making my first pass in Red Group at a track day or doing the Dragon, 2 up with my girl...

It appears westerners, even token mexicans, are goal oriented. I'm still chuffed a pretty lady waved at my sorry sss on a beautiful day out riding. It's all good where you can find it. Suppers on. Bean soup. Deelish.

Last edited:
the time I was almost killed by a left turner on Cedar Springs road (me going north, him going south)...don't know how I came out alive but all I know is it scared the day lights out of me and made me super glad to be alive (I braked and swerved left but still ended up clipping my right mirror and front turn signal...kept going on adrenaline thinking if I stop now, I will get all anxious and not make it back to Cambridge)...next year, either going out east to Cape Breton or South to WV/PA...

Since most of what I do is commuting riding for the last few years (I ride bicycles on weekends, and don't have many motorcycling friends), I relish in excitement everytime I get to ride./

This year's highlight actually happened on a scooter :\ A friggin Vespa no less! The wife and I rented a Vespa 125 while on our Europe trip for two days in Paris. It was THE GREATEST way to explore a city - and it was finally nice to be surrounded by like-minded drivers!

Circling the Arc De Triomphe would be the peak highlight for sure. I'm looking forward to touring Europe on a motorcycle, in my "someday"

Circling the Arc De Triomphe would be the peak highlight for sure. I'm looking forward to touring Europe on a motorcycle, in my "someday"

You can fly your ride to Europe for $850 with Air Canada...start saving.

Best riding day was on a Harley Road King in Cozumel, with my wife on the back. She had never been on any of my bikes, so this was a great day.

Nothing really memorable for me on the bike, half my season was cut short due to a stupid unfair license suspension...

I'd have to say my best moment actually came driving. I picked up an 06 Acura TL manual earlier this year and took it on a fun little run. I was pretty much just doing my best keeping up with a supercar and had no idea the TL had that much balls for a nearly 10 year old 4 door sedan. Now I just need a proper suspension set up and some swaybars. It was so fun just ripping through gears and having that thing redlined Vtec just screaming. Even when I was just had another 15-20 km's more left on the speedo the big beast was just getting started.

I spent quite a bit of time improving my dirt biking skills this year, so lots of little moments:
- first big controlled wheelies
- making it over the little log pile
- making it over the big log pile
- making it over the big log pile and landing it perfectly

Its actually been a really great riding year – my first year for Sturgis bike week and some great riding in the Black Hills, then Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph Scenic Byway in Wyoming.

But I always think that the best moments on a tour are the unexpected treasures. After crawling through Yellowstone and Grant Teton National Parks and then crawling even more slowly through Jackson Hole, Highway 191 opens up again and all of a sudden I was on this perfect stretch of highway, scenic and twisty with no traffic and a speed of 55 . To top it off , I came upon a big bull moose in a meadow, calmly drinking out of a pond and not at all interested in the strange beast rounding the corner. Then after spending the night Green River, I continued on 191 to Vernal, Utah, through the Flaming Gorge Scenic area. I was riding to Steamboat Springs in Colorado and had actually never researched 191 – it was just the way my GPS was sending me. Ended up on this fantastic highway through mountains and canyons and incredible red rock scenery – and when I came up to the highway sign warning of the 9 switchbacks ahead of me – the logging truck in front of me pulled over and the driver waved me by! There were 3 times on this highway I did something I hardly ever do – I turned around, round a few miles the other away, then turned and around and rode back just for the sheer fun of it.

800km ride through the twisties up north on a day riding with my buddy who normally rides quite cautious but on this day he was pi55ed at his fiance so he was happy to play. Barely saw any cars the whole day and it was a perfect sunny warm day. Did plenty of similar rides this year but this one really stood out.

I rode this past Sunday with my girlfriend two up and my aunt on her bike. The plan started off hectic with a stop here and a stop there. Once we finally hit the road and went it was awesome. I don't know if it was just discovering a few new road, the company, the fact it was November first but I am still thinking about that ride. It might not even be my best ride this year but it was the most enjoyable and memorable for sure.

You can fly your ride to Europe for $850 with Air Canada...start saving.

Thanks! I was thinking of shipping it with a freight carrier - do you know if it'll be cheaper? I wouldn't be worried about sending it a week or two in advance of arriving there

Rolling into NB (seeing the signs for it then officially crossing in) was the highlight of a specific moment for me this season. As soon as we got into we were all in high spirits, yelling at the top of our lungs in our helmet, and high fiving each other. It was our first real tour, and boy were we ecstatic. First province to reach (other than QC) that was different.

Ill also throw climbing mt washington in vermont and the first run through a portion of thr cabot trail.

This was probably the least riding in a season ive done but one of the most memorable (so far).

Until next season folks :) and stay safe to those who ride on late in the season looking for me.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

When I popped a piston ring on the way to North Bay.

Most memorable? Pulling into the meet spot for my first group gravel ride of the season, and promptly dropping my bike after missing the kickstand. Great icebreaker when you don't know anyone, but doesn't inspire group confidence in you. :)
Best ride? Easily our trip through Old Nippising Road, great day, good group, just a ton of fun that day. Thanks @motorcycle mike and @demonpig.

This summer I finally did what I'd been blah-blahing about and crossed 2 things off my list:

15,000km in a season (unfortunately lots of commuter km) and I did the big Algoma loop on my Daytona before it got sold. Ran out of gas as expected on Ranger Lake Rd, but thankfully had my buddy in his big wrangler with me for that part of the trip.

Close second was a cool moment I had with a copper on some backroads (not 100% sure what county/region I was in!) I was having a great day and upon seeing another rider for the first time that day popped a big fat wheelie and wave by way of hello and got one in return. Realized it was a cop bike only when I saw the uniform from about 10 feet away. We kept going our separate ways.

Most memorable? Pulling into the meet spot for my first group gravel ride of the season, and promptly dropping my bike after missing the kickstand. Great icebreaker when you don't know anyone, but doesn't inspire group confidence in you. :)
Best ride? Easily our trip through Old Nippising Road, great day, good group, just a ton of fun that day. Thanks @motorcycle mike and @demonpig.

Funny thing today, finished a long ride with Alon and gang, put the kickstand down, jump off the bike and watched it fall over to end a great day of riding.

I'll have to set this up.

A few years ago, I planned a trip to the Adirondacks with some riders from another forum. We were 7 or 8 and took our time getting Piseco, NY. We went out for supper and didn't start our way back to the lodge till almost 11pm, a half hour later, I was lying on my back after hitting a bear.
I bought a new bike a couple months later and started riding plenty of miles but I was prone to some anxiety, especially when riding at night. On last year's trip to Lake Placid, we had some ADV Riders lead us to our destination using nothing but back roads, the likes of which were the most difficult I had ever riden. On one in particular, I kept having problems making turns because the gravel was really deep and my bike was loaded heavily and I almost careened into a light post. That kind of ruined my trip and triggered some anxiety over riding for the rest of the year.

Fast forward to this June. Same back roads. For whatever reason, I managed to get through them much better and confidence came back. At one point, we sort of got lost and ended up by a beautiful lake that had a chalet. We sat on the porch of the chalet drinking coffee while staring at the incredible scenery all around us. I think that was the point when I finally got over the accident and was able to enjoy every second on the bike again. Later that same day, my buddies and I were ripping along the lower end of the Adirondacks as the sun was setting, very curvy roads, not a car in sight. The magic was back. Best day of the summer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom