Last few blasts for this year - who wants to ride? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Last few blasts for this year - who wants to ride?

Those pictures look like a lot of fun. I wonder if I would have enough ground clearance to get through that.

Nice pictures mike - looks like you had a blast. Come back and ride the routes on Tuesday with some of us, big and small bikes. We must have just missed you guys in Creemore, I think we got there at about 1:45 or maybe even 2:00 and we ended up running into two guys I know: Scott and Adam with a KTM 500 and a husaberg 570 but they came into the pub in Creemore just as we were finishing our late lunch and they were done riding for the day.

We'll find out tomorrow Nam :)

Those pictures look like a lot of fun. I wonder if I would have enough ground clearance to get through that.

Ok folks, who's coming to ride tomorrow? Hockley Valley parking lot at 10:00 start, ride up to Creemore for lunch and then back at that parking lot by probably around 5:00. It's going to be a spectacular day for riding tomorrow. So far:
alon - KTM 530
Nam - miracle Honda 500
diego - KTM 500
derek - KTM 1190 adventure
david - KTM 530
maybe Amir - KTM 950 adventure
maybe Chris - KTM 640 adventure

who else is coming?

Weather is suppose to be beautiful. 17 and sunny. Better go check the bike to make sure it's ready.

Can you put up a map, gps location or address of the meeting spot so I can find it with my GPS. I am bad with directions.

edit: Never mind, I found it in the other thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for joining us, it was a blast though I know your bike took a ****-kicking today. Glad to hear you got back home safely and I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and videos of the epic fails and triumphs from today :)

for or the rest of you, you missed a great day of riding - summer in November and some of the best riding conditions and terrain...

I will also say that Supernam is definitely deserving of his forum name - he's got massive balls and seems to be willing to try anything with no fear. He definitely got his share of laying the bike down yesterday including one poorly executed u-turn on a wide gravel road. He pulled the turn, was t paying attention to where his back tire was which was on the grass at the side of the road. He went "brapp" and sent his bike flying into the grass ditch. He bailed and jumped off the bike and luckily didn't get hurt - I have to admit that it was a bit hilarious :)

lets see see if he caught it on his go-pro...

I will also say that Supernam is definitely deserving of his forum name - he's got massive balls and seems to be willing to try anything with no fear. He definitely got his share of laying the bike down yesterday including one poorly executed u-turn on a wide gravel road. He pulled the turn, was t paying attention to where his back tire was which was on the grass at the side of the road. He went "brapp" and sent his bike flying into the grass ditch. He bailed and jumped off the bike and luckily didn't get hurt - I have to admit that it was a bit hilarious :)

lets see see if he caught it on his go-pro...

I got video! Amir also took some pictures. U turns are what I struggle with the most. I usually jump off the bike and throw it to the ground when I know it's going down, not once did I actually fall over. Picking up a 430 lb bike repeatedly gets tiring. Props to Derek and Amir for going through what we did on even bigger bikes.

Last edited:
Stop looking down at the ground / road when u-turning. Your front wheel knows what it needs to do when you turn your handlebar - it doesn't require your attention. If you keep your eyes up and look where you want to go, your body and your bike will do what they need to do to get you there. Everyone who struggles with u-turns does so for that same exact reason. Train yourself to look up and ahead and your riding skills will improve 1000000% overnight. This is especially important if you do more single track and gnarly off road riding - you MUST keep your focus forward, not right in front or down. Trust your brain to process information about obstacles when you see them well ahead as it will tell your body what to do when you reach them. Looking forward will better prepare you for upcoming obstacles and challenges instead of processing them and dealing with them as you're already on top of them. As you ride more, your pace will increase a lot and this will become highly critical to riding off road successfully. It's something that you have to tell yourself all the time but eventually, it will become more natural.

and as for Derek, he wasn't too happy with me at some points yesterday :)

Sounds like you guys had a good day. Dare I say that Superman may have the wrong bike for the job. LOL... Good on you for going for it though.

Last edited:
You and your 350exc need to come out riding with us.

For sure. The last few years we've gotten Ganny passes but next year I think we'll get OFTR passes instead and start checking out other areas.

Sounds like you guys had a good day. Dare I say that Superman may have the wrong bike for the job. LOL... Good on you for going for it though.

You got a great point there Dave, I have the wrong bike to do U-turns. That would explain why I rode right into the ditch! :lmao:

I kind of do have the wrong bike, but I got the right tires! I really wanted to push this bike to it's limit to see what it can do in the stock form. Many people on the http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/rally-raid-products-honda-cb500x.1012021/ forum have put on a Rally Raid kit and I'm not sure if it's worth the cost for me, I can just buy a dirt bike later on which will cost the same or less.

I really want to tackle that Devil's Staircase hill. It looks awesome.

Devil's staircase is no fun in the wet...

No doubt. Wet rocks and roots is generally not a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom