Power Cruisers (Victory Vegas, M109R, etc) - Options and Opinions | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Power Cruisers (Victory Vegas, M109R, etc) - Options and Opinions

If you're willing to look at something a little older, try a Vulcan Meanstreak. I love mine. Doesn't quite have the power of the newer power cruisers, but handles better than many of them. You should be able to pick one up for way less than $8k.

I love @PrivotPilot s VTX, but would that be consinder a 'power cruiser'?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Just bought this for $3450 with $2000+ worth of accessories already bolted on by the PO.

It's unclear if you're looking at strictly new or willing to consider used, but lots of VTX's out there and they're notoriously reliable machines.

vtx1300.jpg

Nice bike and nice buy .

I don't own Indian scout,but however I don't find any nice good looking passenger seat either from Indian or 3rd party,
Otherwise I would definitely consider to switch to scout..

ཨོ་མ་ནི་པདྨེ་ཧ྄ཱུཾ།།

Last edited:

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Not to me it wouldn't. Looks like it could sport some handlebar tassles as well.

I looked at the Meanstreak as well but just not digging it in pics.

Because I got ahead of myself on my reply and missed the "power" part...but the reply was already posted. ;)

Nice bike and nice buy .

Thanks. Love the thing, so comfy compared to my sport bike days. Put about 2K on it even having just bought it the weekend before Thanksgiving. Would have put more had I not busted my ankle shortly afterwards. No, not on the bike....work thing.

I have a 2010 Raider 1900... I rode all the ones you mentioned and these were my impressions (from a guy who is big into sport or sport tourers) :

M109 - on the demo ride as I was going up to it, I felt like I was riding a Gixxer'ed up version of a cruiser. Didn't really feel like a traditional cruiser if that makes any sense. I found that I had to rev the snot out of the motor to make power. it didn't feel like other cruiser where I could lope it along as easily. The handling seemed to be 'on' or 'off' in a corner, the 240mm rear tire I think made the handling non-linear.

Victory Vegas Jackpot (I did not ride the normal one) this engine felt more 'normal' to a cruiser. you could power it up and rev it but was fine loping around. I found the combination of 240 with a really skinny front tire made it want to 'fall' into a corner more then just about any other bike I've ridden.

Warrior - your right, I didn't like the looks too much on it. But man this thing cornered better than just about any other cruiser I've ridden. I think it was the only one I rode with an inverted fork too so I'm sure that made a difference. But the engine was vibey like crazy ! With a passenger on the back (she was light, maybe 100 lbs) and it made the vibrations transmitted through 2x worse. This is not the normal sport bike 'buzz' your used to this is primary engine shake.

Raider - The handling I found is neutral, actually its wierd it benefited from going with a 240mm on the back over the 210mm stock. Reason being this works over the other 2 is that the rear rim is slimmer so your pinching the 240mm onto a thinner rim. this causes it to ride higher and get better corner (also makes for a plusher ride). No nasty vibes, looks like a proper cruiser (unlike the M109 that felt plastiky)

my 2 cents

I have a 2010 Raider 1900... I rode all the ones you mentioned and these were my impressions (from a guy who is big into sport or sport tourers) :

M109 - on the demo ride as I was going up to it, I felt like I was riding a Gixxer'ed up version of a cruiser. Didn't really feel like a traditional cruiser if that makes any sense. I found that I had to rev the snot out of the motor to make power. it didn't feel like other cruiser where I could lope it along as easily. The handling seemed to be 'on' or 'off' in a corner, the 240mm rear tire I think made the handling non-linear.

Victory Vegas Jackpot (I did not ride the normal one) this engine felt more 'normal' to a cruiser. you could power it up and rev it but was fine loping around. I found the combination of 240 with a really skinny front tire made it want to 'fall' into a corner more then just about any other bike I've ridden.

Warrior - your right, I didn't like the looks too much on it. But man this thing cornered better than just about any other cruiser I've ridden. I think it was the only one I rode with an inverted fork too so I'm sure that made a difference. But the engine was vibey like crazy ! With a passenger on the back (she was light, maybe 100 lbs) and it made the vibrations transmitted through 2x worse. This is not the normal sport bike 'buzz' your used to this is primary engine shake.

Raider - The handling I found is neutral, actually its wierd it benefited from going with a 240mm on the back over the 210mm stock. Reason being this works over the other 2 is that the rear rim is slimmer so your pinching the 240mm onto a thinner rim. this causes it to ride higher and get better corner (also makes for a plusher ride). No nasty vibes, looks like a proper cruiser (unlike the M109 that felt plastiky)

my 2 cents
Thanks for the input. The 109 also has an inverted fork and has a lot more grunt than the Vic down low so that's interesting you found the opposite.

I dropped in to my local Vic dealer this week and checked out each current model. I'll do the same at HD when I get back from vacation and may try to find a Raider to see in person.

Thanks for the input. The 109 also has an inverted fork and has a lot more grunt than the Vic down low so that's interesting you found the opposite.

I dropped in to my local Vic dealer this week and checked out each current model. I'll do the same at HD when I get back from vacation and may try to find a Raider to see in person.

its all comparative I guess... I tested the 109 when it first came out a few years ago. Maybe they changed the fueling since then. I just felt like it had power but not low end grunt like the other big bore vtwins. Honestly, if I kept the revs up it actually felt really good. I liked the shaft drive on it but again I hated the handling with the 240 on there. the 240 is the correct tire size for that wheel but made the bike either 'on corner' or 'off corner' ...

The harley rockster I also rode. now there the bike had the traditional engine sound your looking for when you listen for a vtwin cruiser. BUT comparatively it made no power ... don't get me wrong it had grunt but everything else in the lineup just trounces it. Also I found the handling to be a weak point, the front end was REALLY vague riding around. And the seat felt like a bad version of a sport bike seat. it was the one with the pull out pillion seat and made the riders foam extra thin.

its all comparative I guess... I tested the 109 when it first came out a few years ago. Maybe they changed the fueling since then. I just felt like it had power but not low end grunt like the other big bore vtwins. Honestly, if I kept the revs up it actually felt really good. I liked the shaft drive on it but again I hated the handling with the 240 on there. the 240 is the correct tire size for that wheel but made the bike either 'on corner' or 'off corner' ...

The harley rockster I also rode. now there the bike had the traditional engine sound your looking for when you listen for a vtwin cruiser. BUT comparatively it made no power ... don't get me wrong it had grunt but everything else in the lineup just trounces it. Also I found the handling to be a weak point, the front end was REALLY vague riding around. And the seat felt like a bad version of a sport bike seat. it was the one with the pull out pillion seat and made the riders foam extra thin.

The HD you mention is a

Rocker "C" would be the model. It's discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode a 12 Victory Hammer for 2 yrs...awesome bike not a issue at all. Just bought a 12 HD Streetglide...only 100miles on it...freakin awesome though.

Took the gf with me to see if she has a preference on passenger seating since that is a big part of why I'm getting this bike. Went to Victory and HD. The more I look and think about it I'm leaning more towards a Cross Country or SG. Haven't seen anything Japanese in the same category that excites me. Gf just says to buy whatever I want no matter the cost as long as it's the one I want.

Took the gf with me to see if she has a preference on passenger seating since that is a big part of why I'm getting this bike. Went to Victory and HD. The more I look and think about it I'm leaning more towards a Cross Country or SG. Haven't seen anything Japanese in the same category that excites me. Gf just says to buy whatever I want no matter the cost as long as it's the one I want.

Imo the SG is an expensive touring model with less utility and comfort. HD loves selling them because of demand.

Lowered suspension, no top box,

They look nice but if you end up leaning towards an HD touring model, go straight to the UC and just remove the tour pack for the street glide look. There are quick detach kits available.

That's my 2 nickels worth anyways....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going to wave to us (sport riders) when you pick up the big cruiser?

Last edited:
Are you going to wave to us (sport riders) when you pick up the big cruiser?

You, no. Everyone else, yes.

But I'll still wave as I pass you on the track ;)

Decided to go with a demo '15 Victory Magnum (black) from the dealer. It's immaculate with low miles and they gave me a price I couldn't say no to plus threw in some nice incentives.

Decided to go with a demo '15 Victory Magnum (black) from the dealer. It's immaculate with low miles and they gave me a price I couldn't say no to plus threw in some nice incentives.

That's a fine bike.
Congrats. Enjoy your new ride.

Ditto Sal :D

Thanks, it's about as sparkly as a bass boat (and almost as big!).

Back
Top Bottom