Power Cruisers (Victory Vegas, M109R, etc) - Options and Opinions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Power Cruisers (Victory Vegas, M109R, etc) - Options and Opinions

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
Seriously considering adding a power cruiser to the garage (the current two bikes are staying). I have a few cruiser buddies and having an option to ride something that doesn't need to go mach3 all the time would be nice.

Looking at VROD, Victory Vegas, Suzuki M109R, Yamaha Warrior/Raider.

I've ridden the M109R and the Vegas (Jackpot) and liked them both. Looks wise and overall I prefer the Vegas (comfy, powerful, looks, good range, and I have a dealer in town). The M109R is close behind as it has all those things but falls short on looks.

VROD has too short a range and I don't like the looks of the Warrior. Haven't found a Raider in my price point of ~$8000.

Any opinions on these, or any other options I haven't thought of?

For cruisers I'd look at Indian Scout or Victory Gunner.

How about the Ducati Diavel?

Boulevard has shaft drive, liquid cooled and imo, looks great. Decent power and fairly nice stock spec rubber that looks good and handles well.

I'm a HD fella. But far from a brand loyalist.

The Victory is air cooled but is a nice motor. Overhead cams and 6 speed trans with belt drive. Also decent power.

For something special and don't need a pirate costume but still good street cred with the cruiser crowd at Timmies? Triumph Thunderbird. Big smooth twin with liquid cooling. Also with belt drive and 6 speed

Not easy to find but they do exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victorys' motor is a better motor than the Motor Companys' motor on gaskets and seals alone. Polaris uses something like 75% few gaskets and seals. I really like that Freedom 106 because Donny Peterson said so. I wish they'd put it in a standard naked bike. I'd put that on the growing list of bikes I'd claim to buy if they built it but actually not buy if they did.

Last edited:
Indian Scout is the best deal right now. Quick, lightweight and easy to ride. Also has a rapidly growing aftermarket because they're selling a lot of them.

Indian Scout is the best deal right now. Quick, lightweight and easy to ride. Also has a rapidly growing aftermarket because they're selling a lot of them.

That's a Polaris product isn't it? Damn. If they put that motor in an ergonomically correct two wheeler I'd buy it. For reals this time.

Just bought this for $3450 with $2000+ worth of accessories already bolted on by the PO.

It's unclear if you're looking at strictly new or willing to consider used, but lots of VTX's out there and they're notoriously reliable machines.

vtx1300.jpg

Jesse James put a VTX motor in a cafe racer some years back. I'd buy that.

^^^ I somehow doubt that. Jesse James marketed tee shirts with an image of an iron cross that were cool for about 2 months. Kurt Morrow did all the work back stage.

^^^ I stand corrected if you say so. I meant West Coast Choppers although, if memory serves, the cover shot on Cycle World said Jesse James.

Yes. Jesse was a great marketing guy and mostly marketed himself LOL. Kurt ran the shop and did the work.

I'm not into choppers at all but I like Kurt's own stuff as he builds the kind of bikes that Fonzie rode in Happy Days. Mostly Triumph, very simple and very industrial with a lot of dull brushed aluminium.

Rocket III is definitely a power cruiser and used ones can be had in your price range.

Not really digging the looks of the Rocket but the Thunderbird is a good option I hadn't thought of. Don't currently see any in my price point though.

Why don't you run over to Spoiled Sports. I was there last week and i'm pretty sure they have a gunner ( demo/used ) at a real good price. Like i've said on a few other posts here, your dealer is as important as the bike itself. GP are probably good but I like the guys at SS even though I don't have a Vic.

Why don't you run over to Spoiled Sports. I was there last week and i'm pretty sure they have a gunner ( demo/used ) at a real good price. Like i've said on a few other posts here, your dealer is as important as the bike itself. GP are probably good but I like the guys at SS even though I don't have a Vic.
they only have two used bikes and neither are in my price (that gunner is 13,500).

Back
Top Bottom