Most capable motorcycles in the (reasonable insurance rates) category? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Most capable motorcycles in the (reasonable insurance rates) category?

Drennan57

So I bought an 600F4i but let's just say the insurance ends up being ridiculous. What would be the closest bikes performance wise that would fall into the (lower risk) category of motorcycles?

CBR500R is a pig, 300's are a huge step down in capability, SV650's an Ninja 650's are still 600+cc not to mention much heavier. FZ6R's are basically a budget cut bike made from the original FZ6, not to mention detuned heavily.

What do you guys think are the best performing bikes below the supersport insurance costs?

SV 650, don't go to state farm because they charge by CC. Go to a company that goes by what type of bike it is. Nothing really has the same power and handling as an SS bike, with low insurance. Try the FZ-07 or FZ-09. There are many bikes to choose from. Find ones you like the look of, ask insurance the rates for each and then demo ride the ones you can afford insurance on.

So you still haven't got an insurance quote on the bike yet? I assume that means your confident that nothing will happen to it, (like fire or theft). Or you have gotten quotes and now realize that your going to be bent over in order to ride it??

So I bought an 600F4i but let's just say the insurance ends up being ridiculous. What would be the closest bikes performance wise that would fall into the (lower risk) category of motorcycles?

CBR500R is a pig, 300's are a huge step down in capability, SV650's an Ninja 650's are still 600+cc not to mention much heavier. FZ6R's are basically a budget cut bike made from the original FZ6, not to mention detuned heavily.

What do you guys think are the best performing bikes below the supersport insurance costs?

SV 650, don't go to state farm because they charge by CC. Go to a company that goes by what type of bike it is. Nothing really has the same power and handling as an SS bike, with low insurance. Try the FZ-07 or FZ-09. There are many bikes to choose from. Find ones you like the look of, ask insurance the rates for each and then demo ride the ones you can afford insurance on.

This. The 650s will be higher with StateFarm (I think I mentioned this in another thread recently, possibly yours if you're the guy that was saying insurance can't be that bad on a 600) but will be much cheaper anywhere else.

The FZ6 will also be much cheaper and it uses a detuned R6 engine as far as I'm aware. It is not related to the FZ6R in anyway other than name.

Last edited:
TD gave me reasonable quotes for the SV650 and VFR800...but alot depends on your particular situation

you say the cbr500 is a pig...ever ridden one ?
you can even easily pass traffic !! unlike your overgeared pos ninja haha

Last edited:
FZ1, Tuono,B-King. Those should all let you pass cars with ease.

Fz09
so i bought an 600f4i but let's just say the insurance ends up being ridiculous. What would be the closest bikes performance wise that would fall into the (lower risk) category of motorcycles?

Cbr500r is a pig, 300's are a huge step down in capability, sv650's an ninja 650's are still 600+cc not to mention much heavier. Fz6r's are basically a budget cut bike made from the original fz6, not to mention detuned heavily.

Wait.......what? You didn't check what the cost of insurance would be on the the bike you just bought?

Are you selling it and buying something else?

I've always liked the Triumph Street Triple and the Aprilla Shiver 750, but never checked insurance prices on them.

oh this noob..... he wants superbike guys

Just get 1000cc, then cancel the insurance and dont crash.

Every bike is more capable than you are as a new rider ;)

ELI5.... the insurance is ridiculous (since you're riding it on the road) or the insurance quotes you're getting are ridiculous?

Given that you're a new rider, then yes your insurance is going to be ridiculous.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again. If you do not have the disposable income to play with one of these toys then you are SOL. Such is life. You wanna play you gotta pay.

ELI5.... the insurance is ridiculous (since you're riding it on the road) or the insurance quotes you're getting are ridiculous?

Given that you're a new rider, then yes your insurance is going to be ridiculous.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again. If you do not have the disposable income to play with one of these toys then you are SOL. Such is life. You wanna play you gotta pay.

Or get a cruiser.... lol

Oh I didn't realize this guy was new. In that case I'd suggest a Ninja/CBR 250-300.

I don't want a 1000cc anything guys. I was just wondering which bikes are the most capable in the lower insurance bracket.

I was seriously considering trading my 600 for a CBR500 but after doing some research It didn't impress me at all. But I would really like to ride one to see what it's like.

CB500x owner here.

Lots of fun to be had with one. I know that after 2 seasons ill want to change it up but
a) light
b) more comfortable than supersport
c) great commuter as it has enough torque off the line
d) great commuter too as it has awesome gas mileage (350km per tank of about 15-17L)
e) honda reliability
f) hello insurance

furthermore on F) I quoted the insurance for the fz07 and got a price 3fold of the current price im paying with same insurer, same record. and that includes my car and house insurance that i have with them... i just got my full M, this was my first year insured for bike, no tickets, and have had the m2 for a lil over 3 years. This means i'll definitely wait it out till 2017 to upgrade, still haven't mastered this one fully yet anyways.

My buddy with his r6 said that it did inspire a lot more confidence in terms of throwing it around corners ...of course mine is the 500x so its super upright and handlebars are above the tank...but still... it's close-ish handling-wise when you read the reviews comparing the 3 models.

When i look on forums, a lot of people are downgrading to that one from big adventure bikes just because its a more day-to-day bike.

So the fz6r was something id suggested to my buddy who wants to get in the sport...still expensive on insurace. if you can find an older hornet it might be something that could work for ya?

Good luck!

New rider and gta is pretty much an anal probe on anything. Even my old vfr750 (sports touring) is a an *** stretching in toronto.

If you're selling the F4i, let us know.

Back
Top Bottom