Which bike would you recommend for a 600-800cc bike? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which bike would you recommend for a 600-800cc bike?

well if you go up from 250 to anything higher you will definitely see no "lack of power" i would see massive jump in power. I guess if you were to go from 1000cc to 600-800cc then it would feel odd to lose that chunk of power, but going from 250 you will be laughing at how silly your 250 was (still a very fun bike truth).
correct ;)

Amusingly, if it's a streetbike, I would totally decide against the two you prefer. They make crappy streetbikes.
The VFR is a fantastic streetbike
Agree 100%...only thing it lacks is true excitement but I think that is because of refinement. IT DOES WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO ... VERY WELL!

So how is it on the hiway??? Did you even try 1 in the front or right to 2? You also make the chain roll around a smaller diameter = reduced chain life.
Reduced chain life, lol. What do you want, 40k out of your chain? haha.

-1 feels like nothing, -1/+2 is pretty close to -2 but because -2/+0 has a smaller chain and sprockets it improves the feel of the bike too.

At 120km/h on the highway -2/+0 is only 7600rpm, about 1000 over stock. If you don't have a retarded loud exhaust you don't even notice the change at highway speeds.

Reduced chain life, lol. What do you want, 40k out of your chain? haha.

-1 feels like nothing, -1/+2 is pretty close to -2 but because -2/+0 has a smaller chain and sprockets it improves the feel of the bike too.

At 120km/h on the highway -2/+0 is only 7600rpm, about 1000 over stock. If you don't have a retarded loud exhaust you don't even notice the change at highway speeds.
"LOL"...I said reduced, I did not say it would fall off. And an extra 1000 rpm...15% extra gas. "haha"...
Your toy...your call ;) Cheers

A guy I work with, keeps bashing on Suzuki and GXRS, some claims came from YouTube more from Downshift83 and other guys. I'm not looking to race on the VFR. It's not meant to go heads on against the 600's super sports, but that V-TEC sound is pretty neat at low rpm's and even better at high rpm's, other bike that makes nice engine sound thats unique is the Triumph Daytona with its being inline-3.
There's a few people on the forum who have high mileage gsxrs. Mine doesn't even burn a drop of oil. There have been no major repairs on my bike. Everything is original.

By the time I get I'm gonna be 25 that's in next 2 years, so 2018.
even then. vfr and the other 2 are in different categories..but the cc's might offset the difference.

i checked real quick with my insurer, currently have a cb500x and would like to look at the fz07 (prolly not till 2017 but still, was curious).Got quoted for triple the price of what im paying. and thats with me turning 30 in april.
call around and get an idea of the differences in premiums for the different bike styles and ccs so you'll be able to have a better idea when time comes in 2018.

even then. vfr and the other 2 are in different categories..but the cc's might offset the difference.

i checked real quick with my insurer, currently have a cb500x and would like to look at the fz07 (prolly not till 2017 but still, was curious).Got quoted for triple the price of what im paying. and thats with me turning 30 in april.
call around and get an idea of the differences in premiums for the different bike styles and ccs so you'll be able to have a better idea when time comes in 2018.

I completely agree on that with you. The prices will still be grossly overpriced, but at least I could tell what the gap is between says the R6/CBR600RR .vs VFR800F. I think it's something about the FZ07 rep. there is good amount of stunting going on, on those bikes since there pretty good for that. Plus the FZ07 is pretty darn fast.

On side note how is CB500X? It was on my list for long time, but then I simply choose to go with the VFR when the time comes, I did not like the uni-seat on the CB500X, other than that I think it's a darn great bike

I completely agree on that with you. The prices will still be grossly overpriced, but at least I could tell what the gap is between says the R6/CBR600RR .vs VFR800F. I think it's something about the FZ07 rep. there is good amount of stunting going on, on those bikes since there pretty good for that. Plus the FZ07 is pretty darn fast.

On side note how is CB500X? It was on my list for long time, but then I simply choose to go with the VFR when the time comes, I did not like the uni-seat on the CB500X, other than that I think it's a darn great bike
If you don't like the uni-seat, the cb500f might be a good option.

I gotta say, with the 500x youd save a bunch on insurance, it gets great gas mileage (about 350 a tank..riding to dangerous zones into reserve, for a 17l tank)
Im currently definitely having fun on it... and now that ive got about 13k in, i feel really comfortable on it and don't have to "think" about riding... a manoeuvres awesomely and is very light

If you don't like the uni-seat, the cb500f might be a good option.

I gotta say, with the 500x youd save a bunch on insurance, it gets great gas mileage (about 350 a tank..riding to dangerous zones into reserve, for a 17l tank)
Im currently definitely having fun on it... and now that ive got about 13k in, i feel really comfortable on it and don't have to "think" about riding... a manoeuvres awesomely and is very light

CB500F is a pretty good bike, I like naked bikes. But I swing more towards oldish looking naked, you know with 1 or 2 head lamps in front and standard non-digital cages, something like the Ducati Scrambler. Insurance wise I have no doubt it would be pretty cheap. Damn, when I asked for a quote for Suzuki DZ400-SM it was $2600/yr and I'm paying $3420/yr for my 250. Kind of sad, but oh well.

Honda kept most things same from the old VFR's the only differences is remapping, different swing arm, traction control, some body changes and dif pipe and they apparently smoothened out the V-TEC
system to perform better. The fact that its remapped and V-TEC performances has been improved makes me hope it's good on gas, but bikes are generally pretty good on gas.

98-01 had no vtec, and are generally the best years.

CB500F is a pretty good bike, I like naked bikes. But I swing more towards oldish looking naked, you know with 1 or 2 head lamps in front and standard non-digital cages, something like the Ducati Scrambler. Insurance wise I have no doubt it would be pretty cheap. Damn, when I asked for a quote for Suzuki DZ400-SM it was $2600/yr and I'm paying $3420/yr for my 250. Kind of sad, but oh well.
Holy frak, and i thought i was paying lots with me and the wife for all our insurance combined.

It actually almost adds up to what youre paying for your 250... i guess that are advantages to being on the verge of my 30s

Well the stories that I heard is that GXRs are always in service. The are the bikes that see the mechanic most often next to Ducatis and stuff like that, it comes from few people that I work with who seem to have a thing against Suzuki. Plus I guess GXRS get bad name because of the crowd that rides them, I can't count how many GXRS I seen here in Brampton stunting down Bovaird or stunting down Eglinton in Mississauga. I know every bike has stunned, but I sadly see most bikes score the GXRS/Suzuki insignia on them thus giving them a bad rep.

Sounds like a you have a misguided opinion. Stunt bikes (and their riders) are an outlier, so that should not factor into the discussion of a normally used bike.

Simply put, a well designed machine will work well as long as it has its scheduled maintenance.

GSXR's have been designed well. As another poster pointed out, the 05-06 models had rectifier issues for which you would have to pay attention to. Barring any other design issues, they are generally bulletproof as long as the regular maintenance is performed.

Ducati's have known issued which are well documented on the Ducati forums. You could get a pristine bike which doesn't have these issues, but budget for it if they come up. I would personally prefer to buy a bike from an owner who acknowledges the issues and rectifies them rather than pretends they don't exist and think's he has a unicorn.

Not sure if this advice applies to you, but too often I see younger guys who buy $100k Benz's for $40k after 5 years off-warranty and complain about the cost of tires and maintenance. A $15K maintenance bill is 15% of the MSRP price on day 1, but nearly 40% of it's value on year 5. The same concept applies to Ducati's (luxury product) and the people who try and buy them on a Honda budget (read: cheap). /rant

Holy frak, and i thought i was paying lots with me and the wife for all our insurance combined.

It actually almost adds up to what youre paying for your 250... i guess that are advantages to being on the verge of my 30s

And probably not living in Brampton. Brampton is one superb place for insurance :( I know a guy who's paying $2200 for 08 CBR125

Scarborough is no exception

Scarborough is no exception

Toronto has always been pretty pricey. Brampton especially the L6S postal codes have turned into mini-Toronto when it comes to insurance. I don't have to wonder why we got one of the worst drivers around and most insurance related frauds. People here love to claim their back hurts from someone bumping their car at 1-2km/h. I know of legit stories of people being bumped (some scratches on bumper about it) and claiming they can't drive and all, but still driving kids to school and all and in the end collecting there $500k insurance cheque.... People like this ruin everything for everyone, being greedy. But Karma is a b, so it will come biting them in the *** or there kids. Actually it already has bitten there kids in the ***, they will have to pay even greater insurance rates when they come to the legal age.

Back
Top Bottom