Adventure Bikes. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Adventure Bikes.

Clem

Who rides them?

I couldn't see a specific section so this seemed to be the closest.

I have a 2013 R1200GS. Is there anywhere you could recommend for some dirt trails, fire-roads or light off-roading?

I have a Vstrom and a DRZ, both of which I use for exploring rail trails, atv tracks, logging roads etc.

I usually lead dirt rides a few times during the season, but I doubt there will be any more this year due to the short days and me not liking to wake up very up.

I have a baby (650) GS :)
Joined the http://oftr.ca/ and http://odsc.on.ca/ this year and did a couple of rides with them as well as riding in the Simcoe forest a bit :)
If you PM me I can send you some GPX tracks of the rides I did that you can load in your GPS.
Bear in mind I'm gonna be on holidays next week :D

I ride a 650 versys, I've been known to follow ^Mike anywhere he leads. Good times, some really great routes.
Thinking to pick up a drz/dr next year maybe, keep the versys on the road more.

I have a baby (650) GS :)
Joined the http://oftr.ca/ and http://odsc.on.ca/ this year and did a couple of rides with them as well as riding in the Simcoe forest a bit :)
If you PM me I can send you some GPX tracks of the rides I did that you can load in your GPS.
Bear in mind I'm gonna be on holidays next week :D

Thanks I82

The 650 is definitly not a baby. Its a great bike for getting off road. My friend Bill has one and loves it.

PM sent about the GPX. No rush if you are on vacation. Enjoy

Edit: I tried to PM but I believe I need a certain number of posts before I can - 25?

I'll try again when I get the post count up.

Last edited:
I ride a 650 versys, I've been known to follow ^Mike anywhere he leads. Good times, some really great routes.
Thinking to pick up a drz/dr next year maybe, keep the versys on the road more.

Cool. I'll keep an eye out for some organized rides next year. Although the BMW can't really go where the DRZ can :)

Who rides them?

I have a 2013 R1200GS. Is there anywhere you could recommend for some dirt trails, fire-roads or light off-roading?

A lot of people ride them these days, one of the biggest and growing sub categories of bikes right now. There are whole websites dedicated to "adventure" riding. Unfortunately, like cafe racers and scramblers, the whole deal is turning into a bit of a freak show. The cliche is that fully kitted rigs can be seen parked outside *bucks. Dunno about that, never go near the place, but just a heads up. The upshot with "adventure" riding is to not ask where to ride. The trick is to go riding to see what kind of shenanigans one can get into. Most good "adventure" riding stories revolve around an "incident".

The last time i was at the Forks (2 yrs ago),a couple of new Beemer GS's rolled in.One of them was kitted with Jesse ally panniers and trunk and a "shuttle like" dash.The owner pulled out a can of plexus and went all over it.Lol.
I'll prolly go to an adv bike when i'm done with the Couchrocket.

The last time i was at the Forks (2 yrs ago)

I was there 2 years ago as well. Were you sitting on the grass on the north side possibly leaning against the fence. I had loud POS yellow Buell. After I rode away I thought hey that might be Wingboy sitting on the grass.

I was there 2 years ago as well. Were you sitting on the grass on the north side possibly leaning against the fence. I had loud POS yellow Buell. After I rode away I thought hey that might be Wingboy sitting on the grass.

Don't remember.This is me.
P7120023_zpsidkjvn2b.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread, but my God I love that Ossa.

Who rides them?

What kind of tires do you have on the bike right now?

I have a cb500x that i wanted to "convert" to an adventure bike... but i think im just gonna ride it next season and then switch to another bike for 2017. If the fj-07 comes out... i'll definitely be jumping on that.

The last time i was at the Forks (2 yrs ago),a couple of new Beemer GS's rolled in.One of them was kitted with Jesse ally panniers and trunk and a "shuttle like" dash.The owner pulled out a can of plexus and went all over it.Lol.
I'll prolly go to an adv bike when i'm done with the Couchrocket.

There is just something so wrong with that picture. Why buy a GS in the first place? I can think of much better bikes for the street.

I almost bought Jesse but got a great deal on the Touratech so went with them. They have taken a lot of abuse and have been down a few times and have held up well.

I think the GS is best for gravel, dirt and rough Tarmac. It works OK slabbing on the highway but It gets tiring. At least I find it tiring in the arms, possibly due to the wide bars. I did 2 trips from Vancouver to Cabo San Lucas. Once you get out of Tijuana there are some amazing desert trails. This summer we went up through central BC and then to Anchorage, Fairbanks, Fort Yukon and then crossed back into Canada to Fort McPherson, Dawson, Whitehorse, Dawson Creek and home.

It was beautiful. Sometimes I think we take Canada for granted .

Last edited:
There is just something so wrong with that picture. Why buy a GS in the first place? I can think of much better bikes for the street.

I almost bought Jesse but got a great deal on the Touratech so went with them. They have taken a lot of abuse and have been down a few times and have held up well.

I think the GS is best for gravel, dirt and rough Tarmac. It works OK slabbing on the highway but It gets tiring. At least I find it tiring in the arms, possibly due to the wide bars. I did 2 trips from Vancouver to Cabo San Lucas. Once you get out of Tijuana there are some amazing desert trails. This summer we went up through central BC and then to Anchorage, Fairbanks, Fort Yukon and then crossed back into Canada to Fort McPherson, Dawson, Whitehorse, Dawson Creek and home.

It was beautiful. Sometimes I think we take Canada for granted .

The GS is one of the best do it all bikes out there in my opinion. Maybe it is just you but I have no issues slabbing on my GSA, very comfortable and smooth with more then enough power. When I am riding around town I take the panniers off and rip around, does not fill like the big beast it is.

i am on my third GS and they only get better. No other bike out there I would get over a GS, for me the best do it all bike from getting groceries to touring.

2006 GS
IMG_0382.jpg

2010 GSA
IMG_0258_zps1aecf18e.jpg

2015 GSAW
IMG_1532_zpsaki5ms3w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom