Consumer Rights? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Consumer Rights?

Now that this has been resolved I'd like to move on to the fact that some people view motorcycles as toys. I would consider them a therapeutic medical device.

Now that this has been resolved I'd like to move on to the fact that some people view motorcycles as toys. I would consider them a therapeutic medical device.

Lol its not resolved yet. Im sure the dealer will give a hard time. Since its weekend now, theyll be slow or the guy will be off. Gotta send a letter over the week.

Lol its not resolved yet. Im sure the dealer will give a hard time. Since its weekend now, theyll be slow or the guy will be off. Gotta send a letter over the week.

If they're open tomorrow you should hand deliver it.

Fair enough, re-read your posts with the OMVIC sources. I doubt they'll give a receipt for hand delivery.

Now that this has been resolved I'd like to move on to the fact that some people view motorcycles as toys. I would consider them a therapeutic megdical device.
Like a fleshlight?

Coughed up my orange juice... I'd definitely put that into the "toy" category.

There are so many sleazy sales people at car and motorycle places, at least with the fleshlight you'll feel morally righteous. And you'll walk away feeling better.

I had the 14 rsv4 also! Killer bike you got now for sure. :p and you are absolutely right.

Yes I'm quite pleased with how it all worked out. I honestly got the best bike at an absolutely fantastic price.. Truth be told, I went home twice wanting the Aprilia but not until until I got a better deal. Just have to be willing to walk away and truly mean it. Sales people can smell it when you're bluffing ;)

Agreed!

Have only purchased two brand new vehicles, but never was I asked for a deposits just to see what sort of loan or financing I qualified for. Would never put money down just to see if I qualify. Let them give you the figures, if it is something that works for you and you want to buy, then they will see if you are approved.

Sorry, did you post the name of the dealership where this happened and I missed it or are you going to keep it a secret?

Im keeping it a secret for now (legal reasons). But the dealership sells the bikes I have on my name.

As for deposit, one sales person told me over the phone its generally good to out a deposit down to show the bank you are serious and want to get approved by showing commitment. He told me a rule of thumb is 5% down for example. Thats why I put the $500 down. Big mistake x100!

I went to a dealership today (another Ducati shop) and an awesome sales rep showed me a case study and some ethical rules in place for dealers they must abide by. Well, seems like the case is in my favour due to him telling me all this crap about putting a bill of salr through, etc to only findout my credit eligibility.

He used his position of power and expertise as an advantage as I relied on him to know what hes telling me or selling me. And thats that. OMVIC body will be contacted monday morning because the ducati dealer rep told me they have lawyers who can guide though the process of unfair treatment.

Ill keep you guys posted. And I thank Mina for helping alot also. Great guy and knows his stuff.

If the dealer walked (danced) you through the steps as you've outlined then I think they were being deliberately deceptive and capitalizing on your inexperience. Hope it works out for you.

Guessing it's not GP...I had a deposit down on a bike there and when I changed my mind they gave the deposit back in full with no questions asked.

As for deposit, one sales person told me over the phone its generally good to out a deposit down to show the bank you are serious and want to get approved by showing commitment. He told me a rule of thumb is 5% down for example. Thats why I put the $500 down. Big mistake x100!

Is it just me or does that sounds ridiculous? Not had a lot of loans, thankfully not needed many, but I am pretty sure the banks look at your earnings, your credit history and all that and could care less about showing commitment by dropping some cash down to show you really want the loan.

For a house sale, makes total sense to drop a deposit along with an offer, but to see if you qualify for a loan, thats like saying you have to give your downpayment to get pre-approval for your mortgage.

Fakkin dealers.

Had an issue with a used car dealer about 6 years ago, was looking at 2 RSX's and put a deposit on one, was told it was FULLY REFUNDABLE but to get back in touch with him within 48 hours to confirm or decline at which point he would refund, of course, i learned a day and a half later that you need to have everything in writing.

He kept saying his "associate" had it and was going to deposit it blah blah blah. Basically a tactic to get me to buy that car instead of the other one which i had decided to buy instead. Anyhow after talking about how i worked with the bank and what not and me getting mad (...i never get mad, it scared my sister) he actually gave me my deposit back after taking it out of a drawer right in front of him. So he blatantly LIED TO MY FACE, saying it wasnt there.

seriously

For used cars and bikes, it makes sense to put a deposit and sign a bill of sale. Your credit/employment plays a role but so does the vehicle you're financing.

Put yourself in a dealer's position. If you're a high volume dealer, imagine how many people would want to find out if they qualify or how much they're qualified for? It takes up a lot of time and resources to just run applications. There's absolutely nothing wrong with putting a deposit down, just protect yourself and make sure it says "subject to finance approval" or something along those lines.

FYI you can sign up with Equifax and see your own credit score. Creditworthiness is something that everybody should know themselves. A top tier lender will give you a loan with a score of 725 and over. A score of 660 you may get a loan with a secondary lender at a higher rate. Under 660, highly unlikely without a solid co-signer.

Just had a customer approved with a credit score of 3xx. He's on a very short leash but it's do-able with the right contacts.

So the dealer wants to play hard ball. I contacted OMVIC and they told me to let the sales rep know I forfeit the contract and expect to lose the deposit or atleast the difference in the costs occured since it was a legal binding contract. So I email the guy and he tells me the dealership declined the request (remember its a father/son who are probably the owners or the only sales guys there), and said he will be sending me a registered letter with a court order of paying the loss/difference if the bike does not resell for X dollars again. Mind you, OMVIC said thats not possible because the bike did not leave the dealership grounds, etc.. So the value cannot all of a sudden decrease or something.

I contacted Ducati in Italy directly and the better business bureau. Ducati called me but my phone was oddly on silent as I was sleeping. I will update you guys when the letter comes or ducati gives me a call. And yes, its not GP bikes (hint hint). GP guys are beyond awesome.

Back
Top Bottom