Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial | Page 29 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

I would argue that it is also the system that thinks it can do no wrong. Forcillo would probably have gone through life unnoticed if he had chosen a career that kept him away from weapons and a uniform.

The system erred in hiring him.

The system erred when other officers on the scene didn't deescalate the situation.

Forcillo goes to jail and the problem goes away. If the whole system was put under scrutiny I think we'd see a lot of bigger fish in the frying pan.

I'm not anti cop-on-the-street. I do however have concerns about the top echelon understanding what is happening on the streets today.

Absolutely this. I used to work with him as a security guard back in the day. How he got a badge absolutely baffles me.

(btw, I'm baaaaaaack everyone!)

What is Forcillo's status with the Police department? Is he fired? Does he get severance pay? Can he ever become a cop again?

What is Forcillo's status with the Police department? Is he fired? Does he get severance pay? Can he ever become a cop again?

According to this, he has been suspended without pay, and there are some disciplinary issues pending with the Toronto Police Services Tribunal.

I can only strongly speculate. He will be let go. I'm not sure how he could make a case for severance. And he will never be a cop again.

The only thing he should be is a prisoner for 20 years for slaughtering an 18 year old kid trapped inside a streetcar that was asking people to help him.

The only thing he should be is a prisoner for 20 years for slaughtering an 18 year old kid trapped inside a streetcar that was asking people to help him.

OK, dude, I'm with ya all the way on Forcillo and his punishment. But your characterization of the events is a bit....off.

OK, dude, I'm with ya all the way on Forcillo and his punishment. But your characterization of the events is a bit....off.

We ALL saw it.
From what I read the kid asked someone from the TTC to contact his dad and he said to someone else he is not feeling good to call his dad.
Let's assume that was wrong.

Kid is a caged rat surrounded by cops and he is going no where...cop shows up and bang dead in under 45 seconds...
Are they all that stupid, use a fire hose on him to knock the knife out, throw your batons at him, hell hit him with a baseball.
9 bullets.......AND you know you are on cameraS.

That's why the piggy was convicted.

But yeah your characterization is indeed a little fluffy. He needed help for sure, but 'crazy guy with a knife' help...

That's why the piggy was convicted.

But yeah your characterization is indeed a little fluffy. He needed help for sure, but 'crazy guy with a knife' help...

He had a little pocket knife, he did not stab anyone, he had lots of chances.

BEFORE he got into the streetcar, he was asking people for help including a TTC employee.
It shows he still had some level of control and awareness and trying to help himself.
If 1 person stopped and talked to him e.g. ok what is your dad's number, sit down here, let me call your dad...
while calling 911 to send an ambulance.

He was 18 and high, asking for help, he got murdered instead by a cop.

btw- Did they ever find out where he was going? Was that the streetcar that goes by his house?..just curious

This seems to have faded. Just like they planned or did the US election blot out the rest of the world news?

This seems to have faded. Just like they planned or did the US election blot out the rest of the world news?

And now you see how groups like Black Lives Matters form and gets attention.
Arab Lives Matter??? Police Killings Matter???

He was found guilty and sentenced to 6 years. Spent one night in jail, then was released on bail pending an appeal. He was to surrender by Nov 9th, but that was extended.. so the story, I believe, is kind of in limbo now.

He's allowed to leave his house once a week under supervision. Beats rotting in a jail cell like any other civilian would have to do????? I'm sure they'll drag this out as long as possible.

im sure that's their game plan, Im willing to bet the appeal is not going to get nearly as much coverage as the original trial did

im sure that's their game plan, Im willing to bet the appeal is not going to get nearly as much coverage as the original trial did

Of course it won't get coverage, it's not a hot topic any more. It'll get mentioned, but it won't draw crowds. A bunch of media outlets ran stories about it on November 9th, the due date for his surrender. They're watching the case, but the passage of time will erase interest.

He was found guilty and sentenced to 6 years. Spent one night in jail, then was released on bail pending an appeal. He was to surrender by Nov 9th, but that was extended.. so the story, I believe, is kind of in limbo now.

He's allowed to leave his house once a week under supervision. Beats rotting in a jail cell like any other civilian would have to do????? I'm sure they'll drag this out as long as possible.

Does house arrest count as time served?

Time off for good behavior and early parole.......possibly no time behind bars?

Is Forcillo going to have to take a cut in pay?

does anyone know any cases where a non LEO was able to stay on partial house arrest after being charged with attempted murder??? how does that even make sense??

does anyone know any cases where a non LEO was able to stay on partial house arrest after being charged with attempted murder??? how does that even make sense??
Apparently he doesn't pose a risk to the public.

I bet a lot of ppl who r in jail dont pose a risk to the public, but they got charged with a crime so they get put in jail, none of them get to stay home bang the wife and enjoy life while the slow wheels of justice turn

I bet a lot of ppl who r in jail dont pose a risk to the public, but they got charged with a crime so they get put in jail, none of them get to stay home bang the wife and enjoy life while the slow wheels of justice turn
Yeah well he belongs to a well-connected gang.

Back
Top Bottom