Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

I've been vaguely following this case but have a question for you guys ...

- he's charged with 2nd deg murder
- also attempted murder
- if he's found guilty of both then he's sentence for 2 life sentences

how do they decide if the sentence are run back to back (consecutively) or parallel time ?

I think the judge and the defense would have to be asleep for Forcillo to get convicted of both

Because it gives the judge and jury room to vote guilty on one and not guilty on the other.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Regardless of the outcome of the trial, he isn't likely to climb any ranks at work for rest of his life...He is one trigger happy cop who couldn't stop firing even when the guy was on the floor, that's a fact.

Regardless of the outcome of the trial, he isn't likely to climb any ranks at work for rest of his life...He is one trigger happy cop who couldn't stop firing even when the guy was on the floor, that's a fact.

Forcillo isn't necessarily a bad guy but who is the real bad guy? I don't think Forcillo was cut out to be a good cop.

Let's say you were having a backyard bash and were concerned about party crashers and hired a "Guard/bouncer". Lets' say you didn't do much research or got it wrong and ended up with a roid rage ape that instead of gently turning back the uninvited beat someone to death.

You picked the wrong guy and / or gave him the wrong instructions. Just because you didn't personally beat anyone are you 100% innocent?

If you don't get punished there is no incentive for you to improve your hiring skills is there.

Who hired Forcillo?

Forcillo isn't necessarily a bad guy but who is the real bad guy? I don't think Forcillo was cut out to be a good cop.

Let's say you were having a backyard bash and were concerned about party crashers and hired a "Guard/bouncer". Lets' say you didn't do much research or got it wrong and ended up with a roid rage ape that instead of gently turning back the uninvited beat someone to death.

You picked the wrong guy and / or gave him the wrong instructions. Just because you didn't personally beat anyone are you 100% innocent?

If you don't get punished there is no incentive for you to improve your hiring skills is there.

Who hired Forcillo?

Was at the range last week, beside a York region police officer, had a little chat. Asked him how many times he has to practice shooting, he said only once a year as all the other police I have asked have said. Any more then that is on your own dime, but this guy was an actual firearms enthusiast and shoots once a week. His duty pistol and other firearms he has. I let him shoot mine then he told me to try his service pistol, he had the NY duty trigger in it that was 12lbs!

I think they should be shooting more then once a year, pistol technique is supposed to be the fastest discipline to loose. I know If I dont go for about 2 weeks, I start to loose my groove, and need to practice.
And Im sure just like me, if you dont go shooting for a while your just itching to do a mag dump....

Im not sure what kind of shooting they do once a year, and how active it is or isnt? Anyone have any info or video of police training with pistols?

it is an assault rifle

No, it's not. In order to meet the definition of "assault rifle" it must be selective fire (have the option to fire either semi-automatic or fully-automatic), the article clearly states in the 1st paragraph that they are getting the semi-automatic version, as do most services for their patrol carbines.

read a little more before you post stuff off the net, i think you'll find it is an assault weapon

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=608

I'm fully aware of what is accepted within the military and the industry as to the definition of an assault rifle, a battle rifle, a machine gun, etc...

Terminology has been horribly muddled by ill-informed or spin doctoring media and politicians.

The link you provided isn't very credible I might add... they call it an assault carbine which is what a certain video game called the firearm, not the industry, military, etc...

I'm not current on what scary-looking AR derivatives are on the not allowed list, but the only functional difference between that and most other civilian .223 rifles is the unpinned magazines the police will have... which is not even an attribute of the rifle itself. Not an assault rifle. Is .223 "high-powered"? Debatable. I think the general public is probably safer with a cop behind one of these than your average .40 S&W service pistol, because they're more likely to hit what they're aiming at with one of these.

That article frighteningly mentions the rifles "as part of a de-escalation strategy" which again prompts me to wonder what the hell they're teaching TPS

I think the general public is probably safer with a cop behind one of these than your average .40 S&W service pistol, because they're more likely to hit what they're aiming at with one of these.

That article frighteningly mentions the rifles "as part of a de-escalation strategy" which again prompts me to wonder what the hell they're teaching TPS

So 9 for 9 next time with an AR, no more missed shots from a pistol. Jokes aside probably better then the previous option for a 2nd firearm which was a shotgun

Just the timing is funny with the media recently portraying the AR variants as weapons of mass destruction, that no law abiding citezen should be able to own. Oh but the local police they need 50 of them just in case lol I can't hate if I was a cop I'd want to be driving the car with the AR15 in it too. Maybe one day get to de escalate a situation with it

Last edited:
What scares me about TPS with AR's is that in a tight urban areas any misses will carry a lot further than a handgun or shotgun. Makes sense in larger rural areas but personally in the conditions the average TPS officer would be in a different gun might be a better choice. It's not like these guys will all be trained in advanced CQB like ETF.

Back
Top Bottom