Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial - Page 31



Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 601 to 610 of 610

Thread: Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

  1. #601

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    "A CUTE CHICK BIKE"
    Posts
    1,271

    Re: Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

    Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Wherever he does his time, inmates will make those 6 yrs seem like 600, once they find out who he is........... *allegedly*.
    That might explain the look on him.
    Nah, he'll spend his time locked away from the other inmates until he gets to the minimum security facility where he'll serve out his time... He'll be with other "undesirable" inmates... away from general population. He'll be housed with guys that won't be that inclined to go after him... He's not a small, weak guy.. My guess, he'll be fine... might even be with housed other ex-law enforcement types... Probably paroled asap.

  2. #602

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Toronto, GL1500
    Posts
    6,384

    Re: Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

    Is there a way of finding out how much it cost the city to defend Forcillo? Lawyers aren't cheap.

  3. #603

    Re: Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

    Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    Is there a way of finding out how much it cost the city to defend Forcillo? Lawyers aren't cheap.
    I am happy if they stop paying him

  4. #604

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    "A CUTE CHICK BIKE"
    Posts
    1,271

    Re: Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

    Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    Is there a way of finding out how much it cost the city to defend Forcillo? Lawyers aren't cheap.
    It didn't cost the city or taxpayers anything to defend him. TPA would have paid for his defence.

    There was probably some extra costs due to the high profile of the case, extra security at the court house, things like that.. but it wouldn't have amounted to anything mentionable.
    Last edited by raginduck; 12-07-2018 at 09:31 AM.

  5. #605

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aprilia Caponord (RIP), 1974 mini
    Posts
    6,186

    Re: Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

    Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    It didn't cost the city or taxpayers anything to defend him. TPA would have paid for his defence.

    There was probably some extra costs due to the high profile of the case, extra security at the court house, things like that.. but it wouldn't have amounted to anything mentionable.
    Ultimately TPA money came from public funds. It just had a few more layers of administration added before being transferred to the lawyers.

  6. #606

    Re: Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

    Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I am happy if they stop paying him
    He resigned in September.
    14' GROM - Stretched & slammed beast
    17' FZ09 - Totaled by a left turner
    15' R3 - Sold but missed.
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

  7. #607
    Kedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Halton
    Posts
    541

    Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Evoex View Post
    I believe hes back in jail for breaching his bail conditions.
    Correct. Forcillo was being held in Federal Prison pending appeal.
    He will now remain there to finish out his sentence since all appeals are ruled on. Done. Over.

    On a side note...he is available to apply for day Parole in July 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    There is something wrong with me.

  8. #608

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    772

    Re: Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Ultimately TPA money came from public funds. It just had a few more layers of administration added before being transferred to the lawyers.

    As I understand it it TPA is funded by it`s members not the public .

    08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy **** ....what a ride!'



  9. #609

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    "A CUTE CHICK BIKE"
    Posts
    1,271

    Re: Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Kedo View Post
    Correct. Forcillo was being held in Federal Prison pending appeal.
    He will now remain there to finish out his sentence since all appeals are ruled on. Done. Over.

    On a side note...he is available to apply for day Parole in July 2019.
    Actually, he's still being held locally because of the appeal.. Now that the appeal is over, he'll be transferred to Millhaven asap.

  10. #610
    Kedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Halton
    Posts
    541

    Re: Const. James Forcillo shot Sammy Yatim - the trial

    Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    Actually, he's still being held locally because of the appeal.. Now that the appeal is over, he'll be transferred to Millhaven asap.
    I was using the Toronto Sun article...but accept that they are incorrect as to his whereabouts since it is non specific as to location.


    Excerpt..

    Toronto SunDecember 7, 2018
    CANADIAN PRESS FILES

    But after being caught at his new fiancee’s home instead of the house he shared with his ex-wife and surety, Forcillo was sent to federal prison last year.
    And there he will remain now that the Supreme Court has declined to hear his appeal.
    “We respect that decision,” tweeted Forcillo’s appeal lawyer, Michael Lacy. “This ends the legal proceedings and Mr. Forcillo will now continue to serve out his sentence.”
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    There is something wrong with me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •