Someone dropped my bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Someone dropped my bike

That's bizarre. Should be categorized under comprehensive claim, shouldn't it? Hit and run would suggest you were on the bike/operating it, and someone hit you, knocked you over and left.

Hit and runs are not comprehensive. I also thought they were not considered "at fault" but I cannot seem to find the email I had from my insurance company about that. You do, however, have to pay the deductible. If you can
identify the hit and run person via plate number or something then you don't even have to pay that.

I would've tried to claim someone vandalized it and pushed it over. That might be considered comprehensive. You'd still have to pay deductible, though.

Edit: Insurance Hotline seems to think you should be not at fault, as well.

Report the Accident To Your Insurance Company

Because there is no other driver whose insurance company can be involved in taking care of the damage, a hit and run accident will be taken care of under your own policy. Hit and run accidents are the only accident in which you are not at fault for which you will be required to pay your collision deductible, in most cases. This can vary from company to company. The reason for this is that there is no other insurance company involved to pay off the damages under their insured driver’s liability. Since your liability applies only to damage to other vehicles when you are at fault, it can’t be used to cover a hit and run accident.
A hit and run will be covered under your collision coverage, which is why you will have to pay the deductible that accompanies that coverage. There is no other coverage on your auto policy that will cover a hit and run; if you do not carry this optional coverage, you will not have insurance benefits to cover your damage.
Because you are not at fault in the accident, you will not have an increase on your insurance premiums as a result of filing the claim and providing a police report. The deductible will be your only responsibility in the repair.

A hit and run accident is frustrating because the person at fault has left the scene, leaving you to deal with the damage to your vehicle. Reporting the accident to the police is the best step you can take to help get a hit and run driver off the road.
Source: https://www.insurancehotline.com/how-to-handle-a-hit-and-run/

Last edited:
called insurance. they said it would be filed as an at fault claim even though it was a hit and run and i have full coverage. Decided not to go through with claim. I'll be fixing it myself later this week, and buy a new fairing whenever i decide to sell the bike. new fairing is 550 for the limited edition model.

I took the fairing off to see the damage this weekend, and the decals saved it from breaking further.

Your insurance is screwing around, that should never be an at-fault claim.

Take a gander: http://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900668

Doesn't talk about hit and run, but if you were parked legally, there's no way you can be found at-fault. On the hook for your deductible yes but this would fall under specific perils/comprehensive as vandalism.

Hit and runs are not comprehensive. I also thought they were not considered "at fault" but I cannot seem to find the email I had from my insurance company about that. You do, however, have to pay the deductible. If you can
identify the hit and run person via plate number or something then you don't even have to pay that.

I would've tried to claim someone vandalized it and pushed it over. That might be considered comprehensive. You'd still have to pay deductible, though.

Edit: Insurance Hotline seems to think you should be not at fault, as well.

Source: https://www.insurancehotline.com/how-to-handle-a-hit-and-run/

I know - i'm saying it should be comprehensive - but insurance is categorizing it as hit and run - which suggests he/she was operating and could impact his/her premium.

he/she came back and found it on ground apparently.

I know - i'm saying it should be comprehensive - but insurance is categorizing it as hit and run - which suggests he/she was operating and could impact his/her premium.

he/she came back and found it on ground apparently.
I get what you're saying. From what I recall when I asked about it once this was not considered comprehensive but I can't remember why or what it was classified as. All I recall was that it was NOT considered an at fault claim. Personally I do feel it should be comprehensive but it wasn't if I'm remembering correctly. Wish I could find that email...

Insurance - everyone's friend. Unfortuantely that friend is very much like Pauly Shore.

I wonder how these dirt bags who sit on others bikes would feel if we just opened their car door and sat in their cars? I'll bet there would be some hollering, cussing and cops involved... &*%$ mindless, unwashed masses.

I wonder how these dirt bags who sit on others bikes would feel if we just opened their car door and sat in their cars? I'll bet there would be some hollering, cussing and cops involved... &*%$ mindless, unwashed masses.
Coworker of mine sat on my bike. I came out, told him to get off. He was rude and said I was overreacting. So I sat my fat @$$ on the hood of his beemer. No one has tried sitting on my bike since.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

my bike was already stood up when i came to it and noticed the damage. I have not made a police report about, but now i think i probably should (is it too late?) and will definitely call insurance again to check if its covered under comprehensive.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom