Someone dropped my bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Someone dropped my bike

gamer486

someone dropped and picked up my bike while it was parked when i wasn't around. found right side fairing cracked and scratches on exhaust, brake handle and right side view mirror, along with a scratch on the side under the mirror.
I rode it home, so I hope there is nothing mechanically wrong with it.

I planned on riding it for a few more weeks, but I will have to let it sit until i get it checked or put it into storage.

Im going to call insurance either tonight or tomorrow and see what happens from there. pictures in link:

Holy ****, what did they drop it on the curb? That fairing is toast. However; that's a common crack I see on most little ninjas. It's your call using insurance to fix it. Depends what your deductible is.

Poor little bike. Sorry that this happened to you. I fear that the practice of sitting on other people's bikes had become common place. Somebody sees a bike they like. They want to try it out for size. End up dropping is and screwing off.

These people should be shot.

Your insurance may actually write off this poor bike. It would be better to suggest that you buy the plastic and put It on yourself. And ask the insurance to pay for that.

called my insurance. they will cover upto $500. going to see the cost of replacing it and then make a claim probably by this weekend.

That sucks man, happened to me a few weeks ago but some one hit mine with their car ?. Hope it all works out for you without too much hassle.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Wait, so is your deductible $500 or they're going to give you $500?

called my insurance. they will cover upto $500. going to see the cost of replacing it and then make a claim probably by this weekend.

Double check that, I think they'll cover OVER $500 with you paying the deductible

sorry, its a 500 deductible. Im going to call my broker tomorrow morning to get more information before making the claim.

sorry, its a 500 deductible. Im going to call my broker tomorrow morning to get more information before making the claim.

its a $350 fairing, why the hell would you get a claim on your record over it so early in your riding career?? Just keep riding the damn thing, its all cosmetic. I've dropped my bike in a pond and still rode the ****ing thing 2.5 hours home stuck in third gear, Ninja 250's are badass little sons a *******.

Buy a new fairing in the spring and put it on yourself. Its super easy, if you need help let me know. Take off those gay decals while you're at it too.

If they have to replace all those parts with new....it's close to a write off. Worth it depending on "at fault". Since you don't have anyone else's info, it's on you. If it was knocked over by a vehicle and you had their info, it would be on them and in Ont, no fault your ins would pay out without a rate increase.

In this case, check on parts prices or live with it. A claim may come back on you with higher premiums later.

Last edited:
why make a claim for fairings on a 250? thats whats great about a 250... drop it, crash it, leave the keys in it ... high volume is easily replacable

The only thing that I'd replace is the lower fairing. All the other pics are fairly cosmetic in nature. Saying that, given the cost of the replacement fairing and your deductible you're better off not going through insurance since it will may cost you in the form of higher premiums down the line.

Depending on how broken the fairing is and how handy you are you could try some ziptie surgery on it. It would give it some character.

CNZcNHO.jpg

if the claim does not affect your premiums, and it's a no fault claim......then go for it....it's the reason we pay insurance......

that being said....

if the damages amount to not more than what your going to pay in your deductible of 500 bucks, then there is not reason to put in a claim at all, if there cost to fix are 5-7 hundred bucks do it your self, if over a grand well then follow through with a claim pay your 500 and let the insurance cover the rest....

just fix the side fairing or buy another. insurance isn't worth it. they will call it an at fault since there is no police report of vandalism.

called insurance. they said it would be filed as an at fault claim even though it was a hit and run and i have full coverage. Decided not to go through with claim. I'll be fixing it myself later this week, and buy a new fairing whenever i decide to sell the bike. new fairing is 550 for the limited edition model.

I took the fairing off to see the damage this weekend, and the decals saved it from breaking further.

called insurance. they said it would be filed as an at fault claim even though it was a hit and run and i have full coverage. Decided not to go through with claim. I'll be fixing it myself later this week, and buy a new fairing whenever i decide to sell the bike. new fairing is 550 for the limited edition model.

I took the fairing off to see the damage this weekend, and the decals saved it from breaking further.

That's bizarre. Should be categorized under comprehensive claim, shouldn't it? Hit and run would suggest you were on the bike/operating it, and someone hit you, knocked you over and left.

Back
Top Bottom