Everyone's Favourite Subject Leather Suits! | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Everyone's Favourite Subject Leather Suits!

I bought one very used but in decent shape when I started racing, I crashed 3 times on that suit that first year and there wasn't a single seam that came apart (unlike my Dianese) it scratched etc but it did hold up. Suit is also very comfortable but it fits tall which should be ok for you.

I would definitely recommend but I don't think they make them anymore.

I still have it as a back up suit
249131_10152813354875328_656367908_n.jpg

Anyone have an opinion on AXO's suits?

They do make them still and rider support is a possibility unlike most top brands. Louie Raffa wore one this year and I may be wrong but Kris Garvie may have also. They might be able to give you an opinion on the new stuff.

They do make them still and rider support is a possibility unlike most top brands. Louie Raffa wore one this year and I may be wrong but Kris Garvie may have also. They might be able to give you an opinion on the new stuff.
The reason i asked is they offered me a nice support deal this season which I passed on, but might try again for next season.

Thanks Paulo

Thanks Paulo
NP - I think it was Nexo that is no longer made... I also had one, awesome suit and made me look skinny and that is a plus lol
265122_10150671587040328_5444319_n.jpg

Louie crashed his AXO a bunch and we never had to do any major repairs, mostly replace lettering. He is a pretty slim guy and it fit him well.

...Gone,or they should be the days you wore a suit for 10 years. Most suits degrade now after 2-4 years depending on the individual and how much they ride and their relationship with the pavement.

Couldn't agree more with your statements, JB. Just just clarifying I don't think a suit that can justify multiple repairs is necessarily a better one. Just because I can buy a suit for $500 that is all leather and I can keep getting patches over where it gets ground through, doesn't make it safer than another suit that may have more tech. Sliding along the track is one thing, but also "avoiding" that is another. Many designs (AStars, Spidi, etc.) are making changes to keep it lighter, more breathable, easier to move in, and of course, better armour. Impossible to say Brand X is better than Brand Y since they both will have a large range of options and price points. You should always get the best one you can afford.

Incidentally, I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that CSBK aliens Christie and Szoke were sporting Joe Rocket leathers last season... does that mean we should consider JR a premium brand??

One gripe many have of Dainese is that they want you to ship their suits back to them if you need repairs. Definitely not great for building a local fanclub... but if I think about the size of their database they must have on their riders across the world and the data they (as well as other manufacturers, I'm sure) have compiled analyzing crash wear patterns, etc. then for my money having the factory do the job would be my preference. But if I ever saw a seam blow out on my LSP, I'd be sending more than the suit to them in the box...

But Dainese have my business because every time a new innovation comes out, they do it first and best. Even if you see crash damage to a premium suit that is questionable, you also have to consider the potential number of other suits that have been crashed and didn't require any attention. Only my opinion, but as I've said before I see more (emperically older) premium suits with rash on them still being worn safely than any of the lower- to middle- category brands. Probably Spyke would be the top, followed by Dainese (but to be fair could also be that there are more people wearing the latter brand anyway...)

K I'm closing this can of worms and sliding it back across the table...

Close to my home town there is a very experienced and known suit maker, they are the supplier of many professional riders and they are the guys that make the ixs suits. The name is gimoto, you may not know but they do everything in house, standard or with your own size since more than 25 years. No China or Romania like spyke.
If you want a good product you pay, I had only kangaroo suit, however now you can find very good products made with cow leather. I am not updated with the prices but the entry level in winter should be around 800-900 cad

Incidentally, I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that CSBK aliens Christie and Szoke were sporting Joe Rocket leathers last season... does that mean we should consider JR a premium brand??

As someone who sells Joe Rocket, they no longer make leather suits to sell to the general public. They only do custom suits for the top racers. Any Joe Rocket suit out there is a couple years old at this point, which there's nothing wrong with, but you won't be seeing any new suits made by them.

As someone who sells Joe Rocket, they no longer make leather suits to sell to the general public. They only do custom suits for the top racers. Any Joe Rocket suit out there is a couple years old at this point, which there's nothing wrong with, but you won't be seeing any new suits made by them.

Wow!

Back
Top Bottom