Just got my track boots... and holy cow.... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just got my track boots... and holy cow....

Well to be fair Yamaha marketed the R1 as the same bike Josh Hayes won multiple championships on when it's about $230,000 from being anywhere near it.

Unless I saw Rossi walk into a shop and buy the boots to wear I wouldn't be thinking I'm getting GP tech off the shelf.

On that note... When Stoner had that big crash at Indy a few years ago, they went to one of the vendors to get a larger Supertech to fit over his bandaged foot/ankle. That would lead me to believe that at least those boots are the same.

Well to be fair Yamaha marketed the R1 as the same bike Josh Hayes won multiple championships on when it's about $230,000 from being anywhere near it.

Unless I saw Rossi walk into a shop and buy the boots to wear I wouldn't be thinking I'm getting GP tech off the shelf.

Perhaps, well it started as the one you could purchase at the dealer, and then when you trade out for all the race parts the only thing left that was stock was probably the key.

I'm sure it's not across the board, but some gear is known to be the same regardless of level. The Arai Corsair V (and now X), for example - Arai says plainly "no one's head is more valuable than anyone else's." They have the balls to put that claim out there and stand behind their product. If this is shown ever to be wrong, imagine the impact that would have on their brand.

I'm only talking about what I know. And what I know is that picking something up off of the shelf and looking at it for 5 seconds tells you NOTHING about how it functions, either in performance or protection.

Perhaps, well it started as the one you could purchase at the dealer, and then when you trade out for all the race parts the only thing left that was stock was probably the key.

I'm sure it's not across the board, but some gear is known to be the same regardless of level. The Arai Corsair V (and now X), for example - Arai says plainly "no one's head is more valuable than anyone else's." They have the balls to put that claim out there and stand behind their product. If this is shown ever to be wrong, imagine the impact that would have on their brand.

I'm only talking about what I know. And what I know is that picking something up off of the shelf and looking at it for 5 seconds tells you NOTHING about how it functions, either in performance or protection.

What are you arguing?

Are you asking why consumers doubt marketing claim? then say "I'm sure it's not across the board.."?

So next time i should ask you which claim is true and take it as a fact?

Thank you

Btw, your opinion is based on " They have the balls to put that claim out there and stand behind their product" I dont see that as a fact. VW once had balls too," cleanest diesel engine ever produced".

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom