Just got my track boots... and holy cow.... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just got my track boots... and holy cow....

I'll sell you my old pair, I think they're two seasons old but they smell like they're 20 seasons old. Washed before this season. Championship winning sweat will cost an extra $15 :)
If they're a 43 and cheap enough I don't care what they smell like haha

Kellen, I have a pair of 43 Dainese torque outs that i don't use anymore maybe 2 yrs old.

Leak water during endurance races, but otherwise i think they are ok.

Kellen, I have a pair of 43 Dainese torque outs that i don't use anymore maybe 2 yrs old.

Leak water during endurance races, but otherwise i think they are ok.
If you still have em next season I'll have a look

For cheap, I bought a pair of Alpinestars SMX Plus for $200. I saw another pair at Markham Outdoor Power if you're a size 8 or 8 1/2. Warning, they squeak when you walk if that's a problem don't buy them. I just ignore it, but everyone can hear you.
I love my SMX plus boots, they look and feel very protective, super comfy too. I'd say they are hard to beat at any price. They do squeak but I don't care because I don't wear them when I'm riding around town

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I love my SMX plus boots, they look and feel very protective, super comfy too. I'd say they are hard to beat at any price. They do squeak but I don't care because I don't wear them when I'm riding around town

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hows your DC5?

Love my Dainese torque out's. Had a street pair for years and then bought a new pair for track and keep the old ones as my rain boots. No break in, just feel amazing out of the box. Can and have walked around for long period with them on in comfort. I also like the design of the hinged ankle/armour and always figured it saved my ankle when it was run over in a crash.

If your boot are as uncomfortable as you make them sound, something is probably wrong.

+1 on Torque Out boots. I had mine for years and use them for street and track. Well built and comfortable and price wasn't outrageous.
However, mine do not fit on the outside of the suit, so I wear them in. No problems…

I want to report back on this...

I tried on the Dainese Axial Pro In boots and they're extremely comfy, feels very natural. But, are they safe?

Today was nice so I had few hrs ride on the TCX. All I needed was to break them in. I had a blast the boots feel much better now. I also adjusted the shifter and foot pegs. I found out I shouldn't have used the air pump. It really restrict your feet movement maybe I have fat feet.

I stick with the TCX now. I love them now actually. :)

I tried on the Dainese Axial Pro In boots and they're extremely comfy, feels very natural. But, are they safe?

They are the same boots used by Dainese racers in MotoGP/Moto2 and are hand made in Italy. Actually I believe the only boot Dainese still manufactures in the mother land... so yeah, they are safe.

I wear its predecessor. Survived two crashes and still going strong. Actually the only reason I haven't purchased the Axial Pro Ins already.

Most importantly they have to fit. Some people find them narrow, but be careful about a boot that allows much room to move. Won't protect your foot as well in an impact, similar problem to wearing a helmet that is too large.

They are the same boots used by Dainese racers in MotoGP/Moto2 and are hand made in Italy. Actually I believe the only boot Dainese still manufactures in the mother land... so yeah, they are safe.

I wear its predecessor. Survived two crashes and still going strong. Actually the only reason I haven't purchased the Axial Pro Ins already.

Most importantly they have to fit. Some people find them narrow, but be careful about a boot that allows much room to move. Won't protect your foot as well in an impact, similar problem to wearing a helmet that is too large.

It seems the weakness is at the back where the zipper is. Its exposed and cover by cloth.

The TCX for example, cover very well the back and heel area.

I also doubt its the same one that Rossi uses. But i'm sure its as good as other retail boots. Daytona is very impressive from what i read, probably the best you can buy from retails.

I'm gonna enjoy my TCX for now .

It seems the weakness is at the back where the zipper is. Its exposed and cover by cloth.

The TCX for example, cover very well the back and heel area.

I also doubt its the same one that Rossi uses. But i'm sure its as good as other retail boots. Daytona is very impressive from what i read, probably the best you can buy from retails.

I'm gonna enjoy my TCX for now .

No, actually it is marketed as "the same boot that Valentino Rossi wears". As with the AGV Pista, Arai Corsair, Dainese Team suit and some other brands, they are the same equipment as the top level.

For someone with so many questions, you sure have a lot of opinions. Too bad none of them are based on facts.

No, actually it is marketed as "the same boot that Valentino Rossi wears". As with the AGV Pista, Arai Corsair, Dainese Team suit and some other brands, they are the same equipment as the top level.

For someone with so many questions, you sure have a lot of opinions. Too bad none of them are based on facts.
This is GTAM, you can be a Rookie and a Pro at the same time

Well to be fair Yamaha marketed the R1 as the same bike Josh Hayes won multiple championships on when it's about $230,000 from being anywhere near it.

Unless I saw Rossi walk into a shop and buy the boots to wear I wouldn't be thinking I'm getting GP tech off the shelf.

maybe because in other areas, i never trust marketing?

Look at Astar Race Replica......same suit that motoGP riders use..... yeah right.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom