Just got my track boots... and holy cow.... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just got my track boots... and holy cow....

Hahha OK... Way out my league ....
My buget is max at the tcx r-s2 evo. Anything at the same price or lower?

Used, hard to find though.

There are less expensive models. The Daytona Sports EVO is way more comfortable than the Security EVO.

The tcx looks like a tank, I'm sure that's why motogp riders use them right?

Just read more about the Daytona, the sport level boots don't have as much protection. Any motogp riders use Daytona boots? They do not look as badass as other cheaper brands lol

We don't get what moto GP riders wear, it doesn't matter what you buy (except maybe helmets).

We don't get what moto GP riders wear, it doesn't matter what you buy (except maybe helmets).

Lol come on at least I want to look like Lorenzo when I fall down then blame everyone at the track for it....

Seriously tho those revzilla and stg videos say supertech R and tcx are top of the line race boots....

I just watched videos on how the Daytona boots constructed.... Holy **** ... No wonder the high price.

There are less expensive models. The Daytona Sports EVO is way more comfortable than the Security EVO.
Yes, I remember buying a pair a while ago, wonder where they are?.... lol

Its stiff..... too stiff. It feels like snowboarding boots.

I took a quick ride and i dont enjoy it at all. I cant feel the shifter and constantly got false neutral.

Also i think my foot pegs need adjustment, maybe this is why aftermarket rearsets are common?

I call the store and they say the only track boots that are comfortable are Dainese in boots. Ofcourse that means i have to get Dainess suit.... Which sucks because i already bought a suit.

haahahah this made me laugh....I used to have sidi 's and I couldn't feel a dam thing then I got the dainese ones they are so much better... and the suit is fine you don't need to match with everything but it does look better lloll

For cheap, I bought a pair of Alpinestars SMX Plus for $200. I saw another pair at Markham Outdoor Power if you're a size 8 or 8 1/2. Warning, they squeak when you walk if that's a problem don't buy them. I just ignore it, but everyone can hear you.

Last edited:
Yes, I remember buying a pair a while ago, wonder where they are?.... lol

Paulooooooo.... I haven't been wearing then new Daytonas enough to break them in yet. I honestly don't know if I'm going to be keeping them or not.

haahahah this made me laugh....I used to have sidi 's and I couldn't feel a dam thing then I got the dainese ones they are so much better... and the suit is fine you don't need to match with everything but it does look better lloll

Are we talking about the boots IN?
Cuz I'm 100% sure my suit would not be safe without the extended shin armor. Its an entry level suit after all

You need to wear in those boots, go for a few walks around your area. My first boots were Joe rocket the feel on the shifter, rear brake, pegs was great, but minimal protection. Moved on to SIDI's also great feel, but my pegs destroyed the bottom. Now I wear Nexo's, cause I got them cheap at panon years ago, these are bulky as hell but have more protection. It took me 2-3 years to get used to them, as I'd go back to the SIDI's. The shifter feel is terrible, I kept mis-shifting all the time and didn't feel comfortable on the pegs, on track this was very annoying so I'd just go back to my SIDI's. I have finally broken them in and gotten used to them, but still screw of an occasional upshift here and there. Next year, I'm aiming for a pair of tcx

Paulooooooo.... I haven't been wearing then new Daytonas enough to break them in yet. I honestly don't know if I'm going to be keeping them or not.
I was just screwing with you lol. If you decide to not keep them the offer is still available.

Love my Dainese torque out's. Had a street pair for years and then bought a new pair for track and keep the old ones as my rain boots. No break in, just feel amazing out of the box. Can and have walked around for long period with them on in comfort. I also like the design of the hinged ankle/armour and always figured it saved my ankle when it was run over in a crash.

If your boot are as uncomfortable as you make them sound, something is probably wrong.

IMy Supertech R's that I got last season are like slippers compared to my old as hell Sidi's(15 years old!!! Yes they lasted me that long, even with multiple crashes, but the velcro finally let go so figured it was time to retire them). The Sidi's were a great boot on the bike but not real comfortable to walk around in. The Alpinestars are much more comfortable both on and off the bike. Love them.

I think I remember a bunch of people suggesting supertech's when the question "what boot should I buy" came up a few months ago.

There's only one shop I can think of that would tell you that Dianese makes the only comfortable race boot. Take it with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom