Creemore Video | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Creemore Video

Any technical hill climbs? Any in the area?

This is not technical... and is nothing that I couldn't do on my Vstrom, so not much of a hill at all. I know of a couple rocky hill climbs in Beaver Valley, and another not far from Creemore... I'll have to scour my tracks and see if I can locate them.

Where exactly is this spot? I wouldn't mind checking it out next year. Even if it is fairly tame and not huge it's a hell of a lot closer than Ganaraska.

Which spot, the high hill in Nam's video or the entire route? The route I use is the ODSC Orangeville to Creemore and back run which starts at hockley valley road and 3rd concession (east of hwy 10) up to Creemore via gravel roads that are used as connectors to various trails of varying degrees of technical challenges and then back on different routes instead of just doubling back the same way. The forest trail sections vary from nice loamy dirt and just a tiny bit of sand to rocky climbs and descents including the Mansfield ski club hill,rutted mud sections and a bit of single track just south of Creemore. Along the way northbound, there's a water crossing with some mud and slick trails and after, there's a trail that gets stopped by a locked gate but we go around it and continue on. That hill is in the Terra Nova area and there are many trails and forest sections in the valleys there that are always used by motocrossers. The gravel road connector sections are fairly straight and boring but are good for avoiding pavement to each trail section. I've got the routes in GPX format if you run a Garmin. Let me know if you want the routes.

That sounds really cool. Maybe we should hook up some time next year. It sounds like it isn't really green plate legal with the dirt road sections. Did that law pass allowing dirt bikes to go slow on roads?

This is not technical... and is nothing that I couldn't do on my Vstrom, so not much of a hill at all. I know of a couple rocky hill climbs in Beaver Valley, and another not far from Creemore... I'll have to scour my tracks and see if I can locate them.
The route they took me on is the easier section, I am still fairly inexperienced. They went on the tougher sections before I met up with them.

These particular trails that I took Nam on do not require specific permits. All you need is a blue plated bike (though I have often seen green plated bikes running them - I guess no one really cares) but there are a few short sections of pavement that are required to ride to connect from one trail section to another.

Are permits/memberships required to use the trails?

Guys in want to take my XR there Sunday or Monday. Bike is green plated..where can I park my truck unload and get to that hill on video? I'd like to do some exploring. Can anyone help? Need some details.

It's up to you if you want to ride a green plated bike there as technically, you need a blue plate and there are many sections of gravel and a tiny bit of pavement (including river road) that you'll have to traverse to connect from one trail to another. I have the full routes in Garmin gpx format if you want. Do you use a Garmin GPS? If yes, shoot me an email at alongat.gat@gmail.com and I can send your the route files. I'm trying to see if I can ride this weekend as well, happy to ride together in a small group too. Also, one other thing apart from the gravel and roads, there's one gate that needs to be bypassed - it does not lead onto private land, I'm not sure why it's been closed but it got closed during the summer and I've ridden past it dozens of times with no issues. You just need to be prepared to climb up an embankment and get around a tree to bypass the gate. Potentially difficult if you're alone but if you're with someone else, they can help. It's not hugely challenging but the embankment is on an angle and there's been a lot of rain and falling leaves so it will be slippery.

It's up to you if you want to ride a green plated bike there as technically, you need a blue plate and there are many sections of gravel and a tiny bit of pavement (including river road) that you'll have to traverse to connect from one trail to another. I have the full routes in Garmin gpx format if you want. Do you use a Garmin GPS? If yes, shoot me an email at alongat.gat@gmail.com and I can send your the route files. I'm trying to see if I can ride this weekend as well, happy to ride together in a small group too. Also, one other thing apart from the gravel and roads, there's one gate that needs to be bypassed - it does not lead onto private land, I'm not sure why it's been closed but it got closed during the summer and I've ridden past it dozens of times with no issues. You just need to be prepared to climb up an embankment and get around a tree to bypass the gate. Potentially difficult if you're alone but if you're with someone else, they can help. It's not hugely challenging but the embankment is on an angle and there's been a lot of rain and falling leaves so it will be slippery.

Yes I got a Garmin etrex20. Will it work?

Yes, as long as you can import Garmin gpx files onto it either through base camp on your desktop or onto a memory card, you'll be fine. As for parking, the route itself begins at Mono Plaza on highway 10 north of hockley valley road but I almost always park in the actual hockley valley hiker's parking lot on hockley valley road across the street from that Black Birch restaurant - between airport road and highway 10 and start my route going north on 3rd concession as it offers gravel right away. I'm looking at riding either this Saturday or Sunday depending on weather conditions and any family plans - I'll post here once I decide but fair warning: it will be wet and muddy in a few places...email me offline with your email address and I'll share my route with you. I'm at alongat.gat@gmail.com and I'll also look at hosting this and other routes on Dropbox or something like that so we can put a sticky thread on this forum for anyone who wants to download routes and tracks - I have several that are well developed and documented, areas including this hockley to Creemore and back, the Bethany ride in and around pontypool and parts of the ganny, Bancroft trails and fire roads, Baysville/Dorset/Algonquin routes including Olde Wagon Road (some of the best riding in Ontario) and Huntsville / parry sound areas. The routes themselves are designed to be day-rides if you're trailering / camping / moteling locally to them and some of them can be connected to form multi-day off road rides with camping / etc. Ontario has so much to offer in terms of riding locations and trails, people just don't know it. If you ride during the week, there's a very good chance you'll never run into anyone on the trails. Even on weekends, I rarely see people with the exception of the occasional atv, horse or bike.

These particular trails that I took Nam on do not require specific permits. All you need is a blue plated bike (though I have often seen green plated bikes running them - I guess no one really cares) but there are a few short sections of pavement that are required to ride to connect from one trail section to another.

pardon my ignorance but what exactly is a blue plated bike? Is it just a regular place with blue numbers/letters like any regular streetbike or is the plate itself actually blue? If you have a street legal/plated dual sport is that sufficient for trails?

You are correct. Blue plate just means street legal. Green plate is offroad only.

This is an old video, I have newer better ones I think.

Blue letters on your plate means you can go on or off road. Green letters mean off-road only.

Back
Top Bottom