You hit him!... Yeah, I dont care | GTAMotorcycle.com

You hit him!... Yeah, I dont care

That's ridiculous.

I guess he figures since the guy wasn't allowed to pass there, it was the motorcyclist's fault.

Wow. There are some screwed up people in the world. I hope that guy goes to jail. That's attempted vehicular homicide and reckless endangerment at the least. Glad it's on video.... hope to hear about this guy having the book thrown at him. Hope the rider/passenger are OK.

It's Texas (and looks like a rural area).. I'm more surprised he didn't pull out a gun and shoot the rider. :s

Guaranteed lawsuit. Hope his kids aren't expecting any inheritance. Idiot. Jail time would be too good for him.

Driver should be charged with attempted murder!

I guess he figures since the guy wasn't allowed to pass there, it was the motorcyclist's fault.

yes its always like that. If riders do something stupid anything can happen to them and its all their fault.

For example:

+ Slow down or block traffic on the left lane, i can ramp into you.

+ If you stop and ask me to stop so you can call the cops, i will run over you then use "fear for my life as you're being hostile to me" , compare this to NYC incident to make you look stupid.

+ If you have it all on video, you will be fined for having helmet cam. I'm an law-abiding citizen, you see.

*ps. the info above is retrieved from a well respect former officer's opinions. I'm just a messenger.

Or the driver really did get stung by a wasp at an unfortunate moment. It would be convenient for him if he was.
"What were you doing? You hit them," you can hear man, who is Sanders' friend, say."I don't care," the driver says.
He then mentions the double yellow line that Sanders crossed, before saying, "I got stung by a wasp."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charges-possible-after-texas-driver-seen-on-video-swerving-into-motorcycle/​

Cops are investigating. If he did get stung by a wasp there will be some evidence of same. Stay tuned.

Cops are investigating. If he did get stung by a wasp there will be some evidence of same. Stay tuned.

And now it's out. Driver has been charged with two counts of "aggravated assault with a deadly weapon".

"On the video, which had close to 3 million views on Facebook, Crum says, “I don’t care” at the scene of the wreck after he is told he hit Sanders and “I don’t care” again after he is told the crash was captured on video. Crum says on the video that he was stung by “a wasp or something,” causing him to swerve as Sanders tried to pass.

He later told media partner WFFA that he was bitten by an insect near his groin, which caused him to swerve into the motorcycle."

If he tried the same story with the cops, I guess they didn't believe him.

Also charged was the downed rider. "Sanders was cited at the scene for passing in a no-passing zone and for driving with an invalid license."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article40236648.html#storylink=cpy

And hear the driver try to explain what happened here - news video at top of page http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Video-Shows-Vehicle-Veering-Into-Motorcycle-2-Hurt-333944001.html

Last edited:
regardless of any highway infractions or criminal charge outcomes, I am sure there is a big old civil suit here for sure

regardless of any highway infractions or criminal charge outcomes, I am sure there is a big old civil suit here for sure

Sure, there will be a civil suit but there are some niggles involved.

Ordinarily you need reasonably clean hands in order to win any substantial award or even win at all in a civil suit. You have to demonstrate that you, in acting reasonably in the situation, suffered harm at the hands of another. In this one, the only person with clean hands is the passenger.

Any award to the rider will likely be lowered as a result of the rider's own contribution to the incident, that being improper license and improper passing. If the passenger sues the driver, the driver's lawyer will argue that the rider should also be held responsible for her injuries as a result of the rider being improperly licensed and passing in a non-passing zone.

Depending on the passenger's relationship with the rider, she may end up filing suit against the rider as well for wrongfully putting her at risk by his illegal operation of the motorcycle.

So yeah, there will be a law suit (or two, or three) coming out of this, but where the awards go is anyone's guess.

And now it's out. Driver has been charged with two counts of "aggravated assault with a deadly weapon".

"On the video, which had close to 3 million views on Facebook, Crum says, “I don’t care” at the scene of the wreck after he is told he hit Sanders and “I don’t care” again after he is told the crash was captured on video. Crum says on the video that he was stung by “a wasp or something,” causing him to swerve as Sanders tried to pass.

He later told media partner WFFA that he was bitten by an insect near his groin, which caused him to swerve into the motorcycle."

If he tried the same story with the cops, I guess they didn't believe him.

Also charged was the downed rider. "Sanders was cited at the scene for passing in a no-passing zone and for driving with an invalid license."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article40236648.html#storylink=cpy

And hear the driver try to explain what happened here - news video at top of page http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Video-Shows-Vehicle-Veering-Into-Motorcycle-2-Hurt-333944001.html

I hate to say it but I think I just may believe the driver...

Driver's story has changed multiple times, and the "I don't care" on video prior to knowing that he was being recorded reveals his true attitude.

Wasp, spider, or otherwise, it's still his responsibility to maintain control of his vehicle. That ain't what happened.

I hate to say it but I think I just may believe the driver...

You do? Defense attorneys around the world would love to have guys like you as a juror....

If he was actually stung by a wasp or bitten by a spider do you really think he'd get out of his car repeating "I don't care" after seeing what he did? If this was an innocent accident he WOULD care, just like he pretends to by wiping that non-existent tear from his face during that interview.

Also his history of "abusive phone calls to 911, reckless driving, and making a terrorist threat" don't help his case much either.

I'd like to make it clear that I don't agree with what he did no matter what his reasoning is. I also don't agree with people passing on double lines. I firmly do believe this is a case of two wrongs don't make a right.

Gotta love this guy's record
On July 28, 1989, Crum was arrested by Arlington police for assault and family violence, and later charged and sentenced to one-year's probation. He was also force to pay an undisclosed restitution. Fast forward a few years to Aug. 23, 1993, Crum was picked up by Granbury PD for silent or abusive calls to a 9-1-1 service – a class B misdemeanor that was later dismissed after he recognized himself as the culprit prior to the case being deferred on Sept. 9, 1993. All illegal, but not exactly relatable to the current charge. Six months and change later, Crum was scooped up by Somervell County sheriff’s deputies for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle – a 3rd degree felony he plead no contest to. Crum was convicted of the charge on Sept. 26, 1994, which resulted in an $87 court cost, 80 hours of community service and two years of community supervision. Thirteen years later, he was again found to be improperly using a vehicle by the Somervell County Sheriff’s Department. Crum was observed to be driving recklessly on March 28, 2007, but this time was also charged with making a terroristic threat. Despite pleading 'not guilty' to the charge of making a terroristic threat, he was later convicted of both charges and confined to two years in jail, while being forced to pay $500 in court fines and a $612 court fines.
http://www.yourglenrosetx.com/article/20151019/NEWS/151019367

Back
Top Bottom