Holy crosswind. Day trip to Lucan | GTAMotorcycle.com

Holy crosswind. Day trip to Lucan

GunZ McGraw

Site Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving to those who take part. Sun & good temps for a 2.5 hour ride but the crosswind from the south really beat us up. Felt like I was on a 80 degree angle the whole trip.
On a downer note did see a sport bike that had crashed and laying 40 feet in a field on Pinehurst just south of Drumbo Rd. Lots of people pulled over but no first responders seen. Hope all is well?

[video=youtube;f2IOgXtq8U0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2IOgXtq8U0[/video]

tis an ill wind blows no man good.....I rode that sucker all the way from West Virginia ......twas a lovely day 75 degrees and this big tail wind. :DD

tis an ill wind blows no man good.....I rode that sucker all the way from West Virginia ......twas a lovely day 75 degrees and this big tail wind. :DD

Now thats a ride! Saddle sore? Did have it behind us for a few northbound legs so it was a nice break.

I switched back and forth between the Beadrider and just the stock saddle and it was not too bad.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who take part. Sun & good temps for a 2.5 hour ride but the crosswind from the south really beat us up. Felt like I was on a 80 degree angle the whole trip.
On a downer note did see a sport bike that had crashed and laying 40 feet in a field on Pinehurst just south of Drumbo Rd. Lots of people pulled over but no first responders seen. Hope all is well?

[video=youtube;f2IOgXtq8U0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2IOgXtq8U0[/video]

Wow that's a whole lot of straight roads!

As for the cross winds...today is pretty bad as well here. Took the 427 to work and was being tossed around the entire way up to the office.

Wow that's a whole lot of straight roads!

As for the cross winds...today is pretty bad as well here. Took the 427 to work and was being tossed around the entire way up to the office.

Stronger today for sure! The route I took is the fastest without taking the 403 /401. Once you get west of #8 it's pretty flat farm country with typical grid concession and county roads.

lucanmap.png

Last edited:
I had a chance to fly over in that area (closer to Guelph/Elora) and I was shocked as to how straight the roads are....like an arrow for as far as the eye can see...made me sad. But at least it was easy to follow with a small plane. LoL

Ahh I see you were out in my neck of the woods, maybe even went right through my town, St. Marys, just so you know they say you know you are having a bad day when you go to Lucan. lol
I'm pretty much done riding for the year, getting ready to move, but by all means let me know when you're out this way next year and we can hook up for a ride, there are actually some nice roads around here.

Ahh I see you were out in my neck of the woods, maybe even went right through my town, St. Marys, just so you know they say you know you are having a bad day when you go to Lucan. lol
I'm pretty much done riding for the year, getting ready to move, but by all means let me know when you're out this way next year and we can hook up for a ride, there are actually some nice roads around here.

Poor little Lucan. Getting a bad rap since the Donnellys ;-) Not sure why someone from St Marys would want to go to Lucan? Hockey game perhaps?. Use to swim in Stone town the odd time when I was a kid. I'm sure you know the spot.
Didn't go through town at all. Stayed on 7. Had a turkey to tend to. Where do you like to local ride? You head north towards Stratford? I've noticed a lot more roads are paved these days. More choice for sure. I'll be sure to look you up next season.

Yup all north of here, lots of the back roads are now paved, even since we moved here back in 2000 from St. Catharines, more than double of the roads are now paved. We often head out towards Grand Bend, Goderich, Port Franks, also the other way, Alora and that area.
For sure look me up next year, the bike is going away this weekend, I turn into a big pussy when it starts to get chilly out, and now I see we have snow squall warnings this weekend.

Yup all north of here, lots of the back roads are now paved, even since we moved here back in 2000 from St. Catharines, more than double of the roads are now paved. We often head out towards Grand Bend, Goderich, Port Franks, also the other way, Alora and that area.
For sure look me up next year, the bike is going away this weekend, I turn into a big pussy when it starts to get chilly out, and now I see we have snow squall warnings this weekend.

You 're right in the snow belt for the Lake Huron streamers. You guys always get hammered. When I moved to the GTA I thought I was in the tropics compared to the belt. I'm not ready to pull battery yet. Maybe 2 or 3 more weeks depending on the weather. St. Marys is no St Catherines ;-)

Back
Top Bottom