Front Royal | GTAMotorcycle.com

Front Royal

kiley

I have to work the next 2 wkds then I'm off for a wkd
I was thinking of doing a ride down south.
Plan for now is spend Thurs night in Front Royal VA and Fri night in Petersburg WV.
I have a favorite mom and pop in Petersburg WV but have never stayed in Front Royal.
I've read on here where people have started there trip by spending the nigh in Front Royal.
So my question is.....where does everyone stay on Front Royal?
Whats a nice place?
I'm looking for clean with wifi.
I keep seeing these adds for Golden Corral and theirs one in Winchester so i was going to go there for supper.
But would love to find a nice place to stay in Front Royal.
I don't mind paying a little more if its a great place.
(the place is Petersburg is great and cheap :) )
Haven't figured out my route yet but maybe something like this.

https://goo.gl/PyvYcY

thanks in advance.

There really isn't much to see and do in Front Royal. Great if you want to get right on Skyline Dr, but that's about it. Winchester is a much larger city with many more amenities, much cheaper to stay in as well.

The Super 8 in Front Royal (stereotypical motel dump) normally runs about $70-90 a night, the Motel 6 in Winchester (very nice for a motel, https://www.google.ca/search?q=mote...ChMIhfum2IOzyAIVhCgeCh191A2Q&biw=1920&bih=986) is about $40-50

I stayed in Winchester last spring. I splurged and spent a night at the George Washington Hotel which is right downtown. There are lots of pubs and restaurants within walking distance. Also, Winchester is home to probably the best Ducati dealership on the eastern seaboard. Even if your not a Ducatista it's fun to visit just to check out some of the builds the're doing and the exotica that they have stored in the back. They'll serve you coffee and donuts and chat bikes all day long.

On the other hand, my experience in Front Royal is only at the Hampton Inn and it's far from everything. I've checked out other hotels in FR and wouldn't stay in any of them......call me a princess.

Thanks all.
I found a coupon for the Sleep Inn and it right beside Golden Corral in Winchester so I'll prolly go that route.
Thanks Shane....I did the 311 last year in the fall and its a great ride with a wonderful lunch stop in Point Bank....I may do the same this year.
Again tho.....this all depends on weather.
Colors still havnet really started here yet

Back
Top Bottom