Buying House without a realtor? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying House without a realtor?

@zx600 felt like I was watching an episode of Cribs. After the comment about the bed, was waiting for the line: "that's where the Magic happens".

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

@zx600 felt like I was watching an episode of Cribs. After the comment about the bed, was waiting for the line: "that's where the Magic happens".

Magic happens everywhere ;)

...except for now, wife is pregnant, no magic happening lol

Magic happens everywhere ;)

...except for now, wife is pregnant, no magic happening lol
Congrats!

So you mentioned where you're NOT buying...Where are you looking? If its in northern GTA (Alliston and area), i cant recommend my real estate guy enough.

It hurt to hand over so much $$$, but in the end, he made it all back and then some when it came to buying our new home.

I've both bought and sold without an agent, on either end of the deal. BUT its a lot of paperwork .
FWIW, if I meet an agent that I don't feel is on the same page as me, the conversation lasts about 10mins. Life is too short and there is too much money changing hands to have an agent that's not 100% invested in your program.

I don't mind paying an agent the appropriate fee, if they do the work.

So you mentioned where you're NOT buying...Where are you looking?

We're trying to stay within the Mississauga region south of the 403. This area works best for us and it's a huge area, but obviously there are some pockets that we won't go into, and some pockets we prefer to go into (i.e.: Clarkson). There was a good home we wanted to move further with and THEN we find out that there's a rail line literally in the backyard....that conversation ended quickly.

We're trying to stick to 450k max for a semi, and 420-430max for a townhouse because the maintenance fees are something we need to account for.

Whenever I mention that the price of homes is going above our max my agent/cousin states 'It's JUST $$$ more per month, you won't even feel it.' After that discussion I basically told her to either get with the price we're looking for, or our relationship is over on a business level. My wife and I are the ones that will be dealing with the payments, not her.

We're trying to stay within the Mississauga region south of the 403. This area works best for us and it's a huge area, but obviously there are some pockets that we won't go into, and some pockets we prefer to go into (i.e.: Clarkson). There was a good home we wanted to move further with and THEN we find out that there's a rail line literally in the backyard....that conversation ended quickly.

We're trying to stick to 450k max for a semi, and 420-430max for a townhouse because the maintenance fees are something we need to account for.

Whenever I mention that the price of homes is going above our max my agent/cousin states 'It's JUST $$$ more per month, you won't even feel it.' After that discussion I basically told her to either get with the price we're looking for, or our relationship is over on a business level. My wife and I are the ones that will be dealing with the payments, not her.

Used these guys

http://mcdadi.com/

sold our house with them, and purchased a house they were listing, this worked out as the commission was dropped to make the numbers work in our favor....

please with their service, not so much the selling agent, but once I sent a letter to Sam, it all got sorted, and even got a 500 dollar cheque in the mail, I gave the selling agent 2 referrals, he sold both homes, and when I asked about a finders fee he got all up in my face, but as I said Sam fixed that, put the agent in his place and sent us a cheque.

We never signed with any agent, we tested a couple including the one we finally went with. We basically told them, find me a house and when we are ready to put an offer I will sign with you. Why sign with someone when they haven't done anything for us? makes no sense.

That tested their commitment to us, she never pressured us and kept taking us to good prospects until we found the house we wanted.

On the other hand, we tested another real state agent in my area, she kept sending us listing for the wrong area, never took the time to show us a house, I was glad that we never signed with her and she is number one in her company.

I don't agree with jayv often, but in this case Addy is good guy. He will get you what you want.

bought a bike from Addy years ago.......3 years later the right blinker stopped working and he wouldn't give me my money back for the bike....shady character.

bought a bike from Addy years ago.......3 years later the right blinker stopped working and he wouldn't give me my money back for the bike....shady character.

Did you remember to top up the blinker fluid regularly?

Is that the guy who rents bikes on kijiji? Maybe the bike you bought was an ex-rental?

We never signed with any agent, we tested a couple including the one we finally went with. We basically told them, find me a house and when we are ready to put an offer I will sign with you. Why sign with someone when they haven't done anything for us? makes no sense.

That tested their commitment to us, she never pressured us and kept taking us to good prospects until we found the house we wanted.

On the other hand, we tested another real state agent in my area, she kept sending us listing for the wrong area, never took the time to show us a house, I was glad that we never signed with her and she is number one in her company.

Same here. I just bought an investment property a couple of months ago and signed on with the agent as I was signing the offer. The agent never even asked before that and had spent lots of time and effort in finding us what we wanted.

Used these guys

http://mcdadi.com/

sold our house with them, and purchased a house they were listing, this worked out as the commission was dropped to make the numbers work in our favor....

please with their service, not so much the selling agent, but once I sent a letter to Sam, it all got sorted, and even got a 500 dollar cheque in the mail, I gave the selling agent 2 referrals, he sold both homes, and when I asked about a finders fee he got all up in my face, but as I said Sam fixed that, put the agent in his place and sent us a cheque.
Sam has been a force in real estate for as long as I can remember. Even when he was just starting out. He knows Peel. I would assume his team does as well.

Is that the guy who rents bikes on kijiji? Maybe the bike you bought was an ex-rental?
Don't think so... @addy is on here. Offers free real estate advice on the forum. Had a few interactions. Seems quite knowledgeable and no bs.

Back
Top Bottom