Buying House without a realtor? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying House without a realtor?

This thread took a very interesting turn....

Start: Buying house without a realtor
Mid: Here are some realtors
End: Let's kill some pests around our house with different methods

Interesting indeed...

Honestly, I don't know what took so long.

Last edited:
I've heard one Realtor in L.A. plan on burning $10,000 a month to sell an expensive property.

Monopoly money?

Nope, it was a "unique" multi-million dollar house and the guy wouldn't sell unless he got his price.

I imagine that they were hoping to find someone who would be put out at them saying thatit was unaffordable,
or someone who would gamble that they could make more on it later on.

Hey guys,
Just wanted to update and thank you for the suggestions! Got rid of my cousin agent (not comfortable situation) due to continued losing out on houses, and her just not listening to what we wanted to do.

Ended up getting a townhouse, going with the listing agent, and picking up the place before the open house even started for 2% below the listed price. Maybe 5% over the others in the neighbourhood we were looking at, but it doesn't need much work (just minor cosmetics) so we're very happy!

Thanks again for the suggestions!

LoL funny how realtors make you feel all doom and gloom if you don't use em! All it takes is some proper research and most people can do this on their own....a bit more running around but hey, it is what it is.

Don't get me started on lazy real estate pirates, greedy landlords or legal liars, i'll break my keyboard! :p
Just saw on the news tonight, average home price in Toronto around 1.2 mil now?? Is that even possibly correct???
Poor suckers are gonna shoot themselves when the whole bubble bursts.

So....did you claim at least one MAN room in the new home? :cool:

Great stuff! Congrats!

Congrats! Still in Etobicoke or elsewhere? It's a good feeling - enjoy it!

Cooksville polak just doesn't have the same ring to it does it? LoL just a small townhouse south of square one....with pricing the way it is Etobicoke has been out of my range for a while :(

Cooksville polak just doesn't have the same ring to it does it? LoL just a small townhouse south of square one....with pricing the way it is Etobicoke has been out of my range for a while :(
Yeah no... keep the name - it's original and can not be duplicated.
I hear you about pricing... For the price of buying exactly what we wanted in Mississauga, we would have gotten a "renovators dream' home in Etobicoke. We'd love to live close to the lake within the city limits and maybe in a few years we will head there.

Forget about etobicoke. I'm looking around there. Stuff is super crazy expensive. Some new town houses are priced at 950k

Don't get me started on lazy real estate pirates, greedy landlords or legal liars, i'll break my keyboard! :p
Just saw on the news tonight, average home price in Toronto around 1.2 mil now?? Is that even possibly correct???
Poor suckers are gonna shoot themselves when the whole bubble bursts.

So....did you claim at least one MAN room in the new home? :cool:
hard to believe someone has the same thoughts as me

There are some agents that seem to be on the ball and some that suck balls. I've worked with both, but my tolerance is much shorter for dumb.

There are some pockets left between Oakville and T.O. that seem to be late to the party, Cooksville, Long Branch and bits of Oakville in the Kerr area have houses regular folks might buy. Beyond that it goes nutty, West Oakville (bronte border) a very bland bungalow on a 'ok' street went for 1.2m yesterday, its a knockdown, a McMansion will replace it. Its not a prestige address.

Back
Top Bottom