Can't Start the bike! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can't Start the bike!

Hey, this recently started happening. I can not start my bike when I am in gear...? before, I can start my bike when I'm in first gear with the clutch in. but now, I need to have it in neutral in order to start it. What happened and how can i fit it?!

clutch lever switch is bad or loose. there's suppose to be a wire harness below your clutch lever make sure it's fully plugged it.. Maybe it's just loose

Is your kickstand down? I think my bike dies when I kick it down into gear even with the clutch in. Based on that I don't think it will start that way.

clutch lever switch is bad or loose. there's suppose to be a wire harness below your clutch lever make sure it's fully plugged it.. Maybe it's just loose

Except a faulty clutch lever switch won't allow it to start in neutral either.

[Q UOTE=Matt Rain;2352558]Not necessarily true, depends on the bike.[/QUOTE]
How's that's? If your bike has a clutch lever interlock, it's required for starting in neutral or not. Otherwise, it won't complete the starter motor circuit. What gear it's in has nothing to do with the clutch switch, only whether the clutch lever is in or out.

Except a faulty clutch lever switch won't allow it to start in neutral either.

... only if you have a Suzuki. Other manufacturers use a circuit that allows starting in neutral without using the clutch.

Original poster: Make, model, year, please. It makes a difference.

... only if you have a Suzuki. Other manufacturers use a circuit that allows starting in neutral without using the clutch.

Original poster: Make, model, year, please. It makes a difference.

The Suzuki GS500 will allow you to start in neutral without the clutch. However, it will only start in gear with the clutch lever pressed.
just sayin'

Then either Suzuki does this differently depending on model ... or the people who tell me that on a Suzuki you have to hold the clutch lever in to start are feeding me a line. Suzuki is the one Japanese brand that I've never owned an example of. Every bike that I've ever owned allows starting in neutral without using the clutch lever (which is contra to post 4)

fwiw, the Triumph i just picked up will not start in neutral without clutch, my Aprilia and all my previous bikes did. Regardless, it will likely be a clutch switch or kick stand switch, depending on interlock design

Back
Top Bottom