Buying a new 2012 bike in 2015, any concerns? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying a new 2012 bike in 2015, any concerns?

Bought a 13 in 15 saved over $3000+taxes on a model that has gone unchanged.

Suzuki Canada gave 32 month warranty.
Battery was new as in acid added during PDI the day I picked it up.
Zero issues all season.

2k a year? Are you going track only? Is it worth it to pay insurance for that? Are you missing a 0 in that number? I have so many questions.

Yeah, what he said.

I'm curious as to what the deal was.
And 12 month warranty? Is that the norm for a bike? Not that it should matter in this situation. I mean, after all, it is a Honda.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Saved about $3500 for the new 2012 ABS model
battery was activated before PDI
comes with 12 month standard Honda warranty
did not see any flat spots but will check carefully tonight.
1st service at 1k is free.

And I meant 12k/yr...missed the 1 :)

Last edited:
Ok. That is a considerable savings imo.
Congrats! That is definitely a deal. With the savings I may have opted for the extended warranty. I usually advise against this, but in this circumstance I may have done it. Or negotiated it into the deal. I'm sure you could still tack it on...anyone else have thoughts on this.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Saved about $4200 for the new 2012 ABS model
battery was activated before PDI
comes with 12 month standard Honda warranty
did not see any flat spots but will check carefully tonight.
1st service at 1k is free.

And I meant 12k/yr...missed the 1 :)

did you happen to get the red 2012 from kw honda ??
i had my eye on that one....

Search on Kijiji if still interested...some dealership in GTA was selling a brand new 2011 1000rr for $9700. I noticed a week ago or so.

Correction, I think I saved about $3500 after considering Honda Canada $1000 off promo and saves on the taxes for trade in.

Does anyone know if dealers put new fluids in before delivery (especially for older year left over bikes) or does the bike come with all fluids from factory and those fluids could sitting in the bikes for a few years (things like the brake fluid)

Does anyone know if dealers put new fluids in before delivery (especially for older year left over bikes) or does the bike come with all fluids from factory and those fluids could sitting in the bikes for a few years (things like the brake fluid)
Id like to think they do a quick maintenance before delivery but id check with the specific dealer.

From the factory the bike comes with brake fluid, when the bike is sold the dealership put the rest on the bike.

Tires dry out, get hard and lose grip over time, even if not ridden. You should replace after 5-6 years regardless of wear.

Back
Top Bottom