Bicycle panniers on mc | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bicycle panniers on mc

Maybe not quite bicycle panniers but man bags, they work great. Used otter wax on the canvas bags but still not totally waterproof.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 69
Try it, let us know how it goes.

I wouldn't trust the bicycle ones to hold up for long to the wind....I'd say just try to score some of the soft bags which are motorcycle specific. Don't think there's a huge difference in price from proper bicycle ones but I've never checked.

Bicycle panniers use hooks on top and a bungied hook on bottom to hold the bag to a bike rack. You'd need to modify the bag for MC use. A bag is a bag, really, with a zipper opening. You could sew the two sides together and make a throw-over pannier bag. You'd need to ensure it is well attached to your bike, but I think it would work. Bike panniers, say from MEC, come in many sizes and colours. All have reflective striping at the back. There's not much difference between a bicycle pannier and a MC textile one. It might be less work to just buy MC specific textile bags, but if you already have bicycle panniers you could deconstruct them. For MCs I prefer leather. For a bicycle I use a couple of different MEC ones.

Make sure they are away from any pipes, if yours goes up that far. Doubt bicycle panniers are meant for that sort of heat.

I had a set on a CBR 125. Was functional on dry days. No Hwy driving mind you.

I wouldn't trust the bicycle ones to hold up for long to the wind....I'd say just try to score some of the soft bags which are motorcycle specific. Don't think there's a huge difference in price from proper bicycle ones but I've never checked.

Why not? It's not like backpacks are designed for high speeds but mine all seem fine at 160 kph. Bicycle panniers have got to be a better solution than just strapping random luggage to my bike, like I currently do.

hqqWvBD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom