? Flashing Brake Lights...Any Suggestions? | GTAMotorcycle.com

? Flashing Brake Lights...Any Suggestions?

Shooter

Hi All,

Looking to make my bike a little safer now that I am ok to drive my bike at night (Just got my M2). I've got a 2005 500GS F. Stock brake light. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on an easy to install modulator or should I go with LED? Just something to try to alert anyone when I'm slowing down or stopping to catch their attention - and prevent getting rear-ended. If you have any ideas, products you think are good, please reply. Thank you!

I was thinking about one of these things a while back but I couldn't work out if they were legal..

Check the videos on youtube. The flasher modules are good. The LED 1157 bulbs are not so good. Apparently not as bright as the filament bulb during brake light on, and less difference between run and brake.

A bit more expensive than some, but it is likely completely plug-n-play for your bike:

http://www.vizi-tec.com/supabrake-2/

I have one and love it/like how it is both customizable, as well as how it engages/flashes differently depending on how long it has been since the last time you applied the brakes. Also, the guy who makes them is extremely friendly and helpful (I worked with him to make sure it would fit my CBR650F).

Last edited:
Looks good. I wrote them to ask if I need LED brake lights and if so - asked them for suggestions. Thank you for replying.

I ordered one of the cheap chinese modulators. I'll followup with my experience here once it arrives and I get it installed.

most people give led brake lights a bad rep due to getting ****** ones. The ones I put in my VFR had aluminum heatsinks and 21 SMD led's per bulb, easily 2-3x brighter vs the stock bulbs.

I like to to switch brakes manually every once in while when I'm stopped.

Turning your head and looking back works well as the car approaches your rear.

most people give led brake lights a bad rep due to getting ****** ones. The ones I put in my VFR had aluminum heatsinks and 21 SMD led's per bulb, easily 2-3x brighter vs the stock bulbs.

The cheap ones are brighter too.

It's the difference between stop and go that's the problem.

Check your lights.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom