federal election - who are you voting for | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

federal election - who are you voting for

What do you call a government where people vote for a their choice of presidential candidate?
What do you call a government where the members of the parliament are also voted in by the nation?

Pretty sure it's called a democracy. But sure, if you dont understand the fact that Harper has been stripping our rights one by one, then i'll let it be. He did pass Bill C-51, he did pass Bill_C-24, He did clamp down on CBC's free journalism and cut their funding. He did lead us to have the worst environmental policies as was announce shamefully ath the U.N. He did cut funding to our scientific research and now we are in recession.

So if all of that doesnt make you question how democratic he is and how much he cares about out rights and future, then me arguing with you here wont change you mind.

But he did in fact do all of the above so.

Again, do some homework, the person with the most power in Iran is a cleric that is not voted into power by the people of Iran. In a lot of ways the a President and legislative assembly is just for show.

Please go out there and work hard for your party or candidate of choice. If your party wins then they are more than able to change whatever policy they want within our constitutional framework. As for C-51 and C-24 I am not overly concerned as there is something called the Supreme Court of Canada that is a great check and balance against any defective legislative actions that may infringe on our charter of rights and freedoms.

The CBC has been an organization that has been out of control for many years. Its interesting how City/CTV/Global news can cover a story using one reporter with a camera and a mirror on their truck. CBC has to send out a reporter, a camera man and a sound man. This is not something that is a huge secret within the Canadian media. It is understood that the CBC has a different mandate than the private media however that is not an excuse to be abusing our tax dollars.

I don't think I can change your opinion but I can respect that you have one different than mine.

In any case wish you well on your campaigning. I trust you are out there actively involved not just expressing your views on this forum.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

And yes, my hope also is that the supreme court will call C-51/24 unconstitutional as right now one of the 5 people who's citizenship was revoked is challenging it.

CBC may have been out of control budget wise, not disagreeing on that but when you go under the government's umbrella, you become a tool for state propoganda. Much like the day that bill_c51 passed, i checked everywhere on CBC and no mention of it.I know its hard to believe while CTV, CP24 and National Post had reported on it.

I dont trust any politician to be honest completely but as someone mentioned ulp there, many of us are not voting NDP because we think theyre perfect, We're not even voting for someone who we hope will be a positive government and bring about positive change. Many of us are voting for a government which will stop the destruction of Canada (in our opinion anyway) and to repair Harper related damages.

We are not voting for government that will do good, we just want one that will not do more damage.

Pretty pathetic i know but that how far harper has lowers our standard. Again, in my opinion.

But i can respect your view and others. I just hope for a better Canada after this election.

42a11c40-4516-11e5-9ef6-411a6a8518ab_display.jpeg

Whoever gets Harper and his propaganda out of his current position.

He has lowered my Canadian pride to the point I don't advertise where I am from when I am abroad.

His government uses fear to control. We need him out and a fresh government in.

They should just stop handing out Canadian citizenships so early. In my opinion it should be after at least ten years. Make sure the person truly deserves it. I say this as someone that was not born with a canadian citizenship. It took me about 10 years to really feel Canadian... you know drink bud light and timmies, eat pancakes, hate immigrants... etc.

Actually, after taking a closer look at the other candidates, Harper doesn't look so bad. Kicking out terrorist immigrants doesn't bother me at all. I don't like much of C51, but that LIAR Turdo supported it, now he's backtracking and coming out against revoking citizenship (he'll backtrack on that again if he wins). Never trust a Lieberal. I also like the idea of a Trans-Pacific Trade Partnership if on the whole Canada benefits from the agreement.

They should just stop handing out Canadian citizenships so early. In my opinion it should be after at least ten years. Make sure the person truly deserves it. I say this as someone that was not born with a canadian citizenship. It took me about 10 years to really feel Canadian... you know drink bud light and timmies, eat pancakes, hate immigrants... etc.
What about the refugees that just comes in here, get free hotel, food, startup cash & citizenship?

Exactly, make up your mind, are you Polish or Canadian.

Wow how did I not see this one.....I'm Canadian and I have a Polish passport. Hell I'd say I'm more of a benefit to Canadian society than many others.

Even if if I didn't have the passport from Poland Harper's bill would have the ability to strip my Canadian citizenship.

So if your Canadian why do you maintain a polish passport. Does it make polish travel easier or can you get a polish old age pension? whats the benefit?

not be confrontional just wanting to understand

Whoever gets Harper and his propaganda out of his current position.

He has lowered my Canadian pride to the point I don't advertise where I am from when I am abroad.

His government uses fear to control. We need him out and a fresh government in.

Don't worry about your pride, it'll be your wallet that will be lowered by the Libs or Dippers if they get in.

So if your Canadian why do you maintain a polish passport. Does it make polish travel easier or can you get a polish old age pension? whats the benefit?

not be confrontional just wanting to understand

No Polish pension as I've never worked in Poland
I get to go through the EU line at transfer points while travelling - minor benefit
I can work for international firms within the EU with no issues if needed (i.e.: my office may have office in EU in the next couple of years I can be involved in that)
I like keeping it because it's a part of my identity and I have much family there and my roots are there

It costs me about $200 for 10 years so frankly it doesn't hurt to have for any of the above.

Ted Opitz (Conservative) wasn't very popular at last night's community show and tell and got a few boo's. He also swapped the blame game with his Liberal foe Wresneski. NDP was fresh air among the BS. Green had an incomplete platform.

Lots of "lower taxes = good politician" bs going on in the six pages of this thread.

To have the citizenship revoked the person has to be convicted of very serious terrorism or treason charges. Most carry a life sentence. I don't care much about those people but the solution should not be the ability to revoke citizenships. Focus should be on properly screening citizenship applicants over a longer duration.

Back
Top Bottom