Ok ok ,,,,,so a litre bike IS kinda nice. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ok ok ,,,,,so a litre bike IS kinda nice.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Eating crow on this one. :rolleyes:

iStock_000014734522XSmall-300x199.jpg

CBF1000 built on the CBF600 chassis is so small and light but what a lovely power plant.

Based on a detuned Fireblade motor. Look on my staff's face when he got on ....THIS is a litre bike ????!!!!....was priceless.

honda-cbf1000-2009-8.jpg

Core engine is the same as the 1000rr the kids thought was overkill....of course only 60% of the horsepower but bags of torque....was bumping along in 6th at 1500 rpm and just rolls on smoothly ....none of the complaining the twins do.

MimicoP ...you'd fit this bike.

Twins complain????

What is this all about?

Is this another scooter thread?

If you want it to be.....

WHat is it about??....there was a thread a while back about "Who needs a litre bike" and some owners piped up about torque etc.....I was a naysayer....now I'm not...simple as that. This bike is so easy to ride it's even suggested for inexperienced riders in the UK tho it surely would not qualify for any learners regulations.

Was even quite reasonable in the rain just now tho tiptoed through a muddy patch from construction trucks....did not feel so well planted

Hang on - Honda had a second line of standards, parallel to the Hornets? Why??

Edit: And you and this bike are in Canada right now? I must have known about this one and forgotten about it

Edit edit: It's 5PM in the morning, too early for me

Last edited:
I gotta agree MacDoc. I still love my versys 650, but there are times I wish I still had the Bandit 1200s.
I got to ride a buddy's cbf1000 for a day last summer, extremely smooth, comfortable, decent handling, overall an excellent daily rider, commuter, light tourer. When shopping for a new bike last winter, my short list was this cbf1000, fz1, fz6, and the versys. Found a great deal on the versys with givi luggage, bought it sight unseen from a dealer I trust (it was his personal bike).

WHat is it about??....there was a thread a while back about "Who needs a litre bike" and some owners piped up about torque etc.....I was a naysayer....now I'm not...simple as that.

You were wrong? It happens. Try being a weather man sometime. I've been wrong before, don't eat crow tho. Probably choke a chicken later.

I hear you on that. After tasting the 150HP on the 1190........ not going back ;)

Although the KTM 690 was no slouch either, just annoying close-ratio transmission and geared really low.

Last edited:

CBF1000 built on the CBF600 chassis is so small and light but what a lovely power plant.

Based on a detuned Fireblade motor. Look on my staff's face when he got on ....THIS is a litre bike ????!!!!....was priceless.

honda-cbf1000-2009-8.jpg

Core engine is the same as the 1000rr the kids thought was overkill....of course only 60% of the horsepower but bags of torque....was bumping along in 6th at 1500 rpm and just rolls on smoothly ....none of the complaining the twins do.

MimicoP ...you'd fit this bike.

CBF1000 lol, now go get a REAL litre bike and respond back to the thread

CBF1000 lol, now go get a REAL litre bike and respond back to the thread

Nope....looks pretty real to me unless you mean a litre bike that will require filling with gas every few feet and requires a Torquemada era rack to straighten your spine after a while?

TRIPLEEEEEEEEEEE is where is at

Nope....looks pretty real to me unless you mean a litre bike that will require filling with gas every few feet and requires a Torquemada era rack to straighten your spine after a while?

Been riding REAL litre bikes for some good years, my back is pretty straight and my tanks on both of my litre bikes tend to be pretty full :rolleyes: People who don't ride one can't possibly understand...

Agree, riding my liter bike (GSXR1000) actually helps my back, I used to suffer from Sciatica and riding the bike really helped it. My current FZ09 with more straight seating position makes it worse
Been riding REAL litre bikes for some good years, my back is pretty straight and my tanks on both of my litre bikes tend to be pretty full :rolleyes: People who don't ride one can't possibly understand...

MacDoc, I am glad you enjoyed the ride. I bought my 1st litre bike in 2006 (GSXR-1000) and I have not owned anything "smaller" since. It's really no about speed but more about the easy it picks up speed in any gear.

Now that looks like an all day comfort type of bike!

One day I'll try a liter bike just for fun. Although that fun day may turn very $ if I then become torque hungry....

Any bike with a heavy torque bias is fun to ride. Heck I test rode a big fat hog down a tree lined residential street with cars on both sides. Easy to see why big fat Harley riders suck on lemons to suppress the cheshire cat grin.

Agree, riding my liter bike (GSXR1000) actually helps my back, I used to suffer from Sciatica and riding the bike really helped it. My current FZ09 with more straight seating position makes it worse

That's why i sold the fz09- i feel much better when i ride i sport bike;-))

Back
Top Bottom