hi vis jacket maybe?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

hi vis jacket maybe??

GunZ McGraw

Site Supporter
I tend to ride days only but this time of year the short commute to work is pretty dark. People can't see us in the daylight so ....... thinking of investing in a hi vis, 3 season jacket. Olympia seems to get good reviews?

Second the vest. stops a lot of wear on the main body of the jacket. But I like it as I can cinch it up tight and the jacket feels a bit less flappy.

I used to ride 9 months layered and found the Icon Hi-viz rain jacket was perfect as an outer layer and Hi-viz.

2009-Icon-PDX-Rain-Jacket-Hi-Visibility-Yellow634098727834684522_zoom.jpg

Good seals, excellent viz and packs down small. I''ve ridden as low at 8 C in rain with it - over mesh, liner and poly shirt.

Was thinking vest. The wife wears a Icon we picked up from Royal. Actually I make her wear it ;-)
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 2.28.55 PM.jpg

Was mulling this but who knows. Some big $$. Could be Anthony from Revzilla. That guy could sell ice to Inuits. Go to 12:41 for hi vis
[video=youtube;QIffs68zFEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIffs68zFEk[/video]

Last edited:
If you're just looking for something for the commute you could just get a hi-viz vest to wear over your existing jacket.

That's what I do as well. Just have a vest that I wear over my jacket.

Try this Macna jacket for the ultimate in night time hi-viz:

c7772c1374fe588ad575ead2b3e22b73.jpg

As seen with the flash:

ad356ad3aa194629eabe8e8aa44ed915.jpg

By the way, I took these photos myself at GP Bikes.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

I have been using the yellow construction shirt for years.
I bought two of them, one much larger than the other to fit over the jacket during cool weather.
I too dislike night riding, so they have the reflective strips on them.
Bought at Mark's Work Warehouse for under $30 each.

Try this Macna jacket for the ultimate in night time hi-viz:

c7772c1374fe588ad575ead2b3e22b73.jpg

As seen with the flash:

ad356ad3aa194629eabe8e8aa44ed915.jpg

By the way, I took these photos myself at GP Bikes.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk
Ok. That I would rock. Tron baby!

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I have been using the yellow construction shirt for years.
I bought two of them, one much larger than the other to fit over the jacket during cool weather.
I too dislike night riding, so they have the reflective strips on them.
Bought at Mark's Work Warehouse for under $30 each.
Costco. $7.99 tshirt
19.99 hoodie

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Remember that the reflective jackets need light shined on them to be seen.

If you're zipping around corners and outside someone's headlights, a bright yellow jacket might be better.

The US recently relaxed the requirement for military personel to wear reflective vests when riding their motorcycles, although it is now up to the base commanders whether they wish to still require this.

The rumor going around the interweb is that the reflective vests act as 'targets' for drunk drivers at night...

Here's some better reporting, but I'd say that the low sample size does not lead to conclusions.

http://www.stripes.com/news/new-motorcycle-rule-does-not-reach-all-airmen-1.250466

“Although brightly color clothing is an important factor for other drivers to see the motorcyclist, it was evident that in the specific cases where those 39 riders were wearing their brightly colored clothing, it did not prevent their unfortunate deaths,” center officials wrote in an email.

The majority of motorcycle “mishaps were a result of inexperience which included speed, curve in roadway and riding beyond their skill level.”

Back
Top Bottom