Going solo seat- Rear Fender Rack added | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Going solo seat- Rear Fender Rack added

B748E4F2-0B5E-44A5-9B18-778AE3A7953E_zpsbuqaiy7v.jpg

My all time fav Sporty.

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the HD's. We don't get too see to many on this forum.

This was my ride from '98 to '13, '99 XL1200S, the Sportster Sport.

B748E4F2-0B5E-44A5-9B18-778AE3A7953E_zpsbuqaiy7v.jpg

IMG_1387_zpswnyeb6x5.jpg

A friend of mine has one of those, very high mileage, no real issues that I'm aware of. The only thing he doesn't do is rev it like a japbike or proper p/m. At some point he misplaced the oil tank filler cap but that didn't stop him from finishing the day ride. 'rooms.

Last edited:
...I took my lady for one ride and then banned her....

2003 and prior Sportsters have solid engine mounts. Vibration makes it's way to the rest of the bike. The pillion seats are uncomfortable and cramped, but get the revs up and your lady passenger will have fun.

Quite a few Sportsters at the Motosocial last night. Even a few ironheads.

Sadly, only put 27K km on the 1200S in those years. I'll surpass that on my '14 Softail next year. Maybe it's the wide seat, windshield, mini apes, and footboards? I can't wait for time travel to be invented - I'm going to go back to kick my own a**

The pipe is a Samson 2:1. With the K&N filter behind the S&S cover, and the dynojet thunderslide kit, it was quite the rocket. Dyno'd at 69HP/75FtLbs. I had the bucket touring seat and detachable sissybar/backrest - would put that on for 2-up riding. The suspension was excellent - preload/compression/rebound adjust at front and back - had it soft for a nice ride, but would scrape the exhaust tip on the right side from time to time.

Sadly, only put 27K km on the 1200S in those years. I'll surpass that on my '14 Softail next year. Maybe it's the wide seat, windshield, mini apes, and footboards? I can't wait for time travel to be invented - I'm going to go back to kick my own a**

Growing up all I ever wanted was a Heritage Softail. Ended up with the Shadow ACE. Love it, but maybe one day will get an HD

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Growing up all I ever wanted was a Heritage Softail. Ended up with the Shadow ACE. Love it, but maybe one day will get an HD
You should've come out to the Motosocial last night on QueenSt... Met some Harley Canada folks - one lady was riding a brand spanking new 2016 Heritage Softail in the Purple Fire / Blackberry Smoke color. I didn't take photos but here's one from the website:

2016FLSTC_zpsyc2jhaih.jpg

That's a beauty.
Hopefully next season, I will make it out to one. Shoulder has kept me from riding.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom