Going solo seat- Rear Fender Rack added | GTAMotorcycle.com

Going solo seat- Rear Fender Rack added

nice rack:thumbup:

Hay - what seat did you pick? The rack looks great, unique. Nice choice.

The Mustang solo seat looks good. Love that look on cruisers. Also like the spring loaded single cop style seat on hardtail bobbers if it has fat bob tanks. The back rests, as above, give me the heebeejeebees. Don't want/need a fulcrum at the small of my back.

Tell us the truth - you had to get rid of the passenger seat because your wife doesn't want you taking other women for a ride.

You should've remembered to put the passenger pegs up before you got home last time...

LoL.

The mustang solo seat vintage looks great. Looks better then the mustang solo. I've looked at this one myself but have not placed an order for it.
Sure would be nice to go somewhere and take a seat on a few different options. I had progressive 420 shocks put on and that was a great choice. So much better then the stock shocks that were on there.
I think next year will be the seat upgrade.

Tell us the truth - you had to get rid of the passenger seat because your wife doesn't want you taking other women for a ride.

You should've remembered to put the passenger pegs up before you got home last time...

LoL.

Heh.. If I did take another women for a ride that would be the last. It's a rough ride up front & pitty the poor lass on the back. Actually thinking of removing rear pegs. Know of any cool or off the wall mods in lieu of rear pegs?

A swingarm bag may fit there. Can carry a small toolkit, tire plug kit and maybe a thin rainsuit. Maybe mount a 1L fuel bottle.

After a little research seems like the BIG guys like the wide version with the backrest. I don't ride highway much but when I do I'm always getting pushed back. The backrest would stop this for sure but the standard looks like enough dip and rise to help? Time will tell.

My concern would be getting hit from behind at any speed. The human back is not meant to be bent back. Think of mandatory head rests in cars. Same thing.

How do you like the 420's? Think that might be my next move. I'm sure it would ease the tooth rattling on some of the roads around here. Did the seat first for the budget. Save my pennies for shocks next season? Think I may need tires in the spring so could be another late season mod.

I love the 420's. I felt like I needed to wear a mouth guard to save my teeth from chipping before I had them. It's been a Huge improvement since I had the 420's put on. My Back and teeth thank me.

...Actually thinking of removing rear pegs. Know of any cool or off the wall mods in lieu of rear pegs?

Rear pegs are a great mounting place for some really loud horns. Rear pegs are usually pretty dry, so good for horns. Add a relay, the battery is close by, use your existing horn for the trigger. When you're right beside a car with windows down and honk, you're sure to get noticed.

Sure looks like a lot more seat. Enjoy!

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom