09 R6 Engine service? | GTAMotorcycle.com

09 R6 Engine service?

Rob Star

Mall Santa
Site Supporter
Ive put almost 11K on the bike this year. I have never had the engine serviced since owning it. Everything else I do myself, but now with over 30K on the bike, i just feel I owe it to the bike to get it checked out properly from a yamaha guru. Valves, tensioner, compression, leak down, coils, etc.....

I do ride it pretty hard for the most part, id like some piece of mind its got a long way to go. Id like to do it now while the season is coming to an end, so its good to go for next season.

Who would be the best and most honest place to take the bike to and give it all a good once over, and take care of it properly without trying to soak me?

thanks in advance.

Unless you are having a problem with it I wouldn't bother with the compression, leak down, and coils. Valves are definitely due if they haven't ever been checked, and I would put in a manual CCT if you are worried about it.

For anything motor related I would go to Pro 6 Cycle, Champion Cycle, Z1, or Speedworx.

Valves are actually due at 42,000 kilometers. Spark plugs were due a few times, however. I would do them, and flush/change the coolant also if that hasn't been done. Other than that, you're pretty well good until 42,000 afaik.

Back
Top Bottom